Donghua University (DHU) is a public research university in Shanghai, China
The Latest Bing News on:
Donghua University Research
- Interlocking logs from 476,000 years ago found in Zamibia 100,000 yrs older than oldest human fossil
ScientiFix, our weekly feature, offers you a summary of the top global science stories of the week, with links to their sources.
- 6x Tougher Than Kevlar: Spider Silk Is Spun by Genetically Modified Silkworms for the First Time
Scientists in China have developed a method to produce spider silk from genetically modified silkworms, offering a strong, sustainable alternative to synthetic fibers with applications in various ...
- Chinese scientists use gene-edited silkworms to make spider silk that’s 6 times tougher than Kevlar
CRISPR helps researchers in China synthesise ultra-tough fibre that could be used in surgical sutures, bulletproof clothing and aerospace technology.
- Spider silk produced by genetically modified silkworms is 6x stronger than Kevlar
Scientists have successfully synthesized spider silk using genetically modified silkworms, creating fibers with a toughness six times superior to that of Kevlar, a material prominently used in ...
- Genetically Modified Silkworms Produce Spider Silk Six Times Tougher Than Kevlar
For the first time, researchers have genetically modified common silkworms to produce full-length spider silk proteins. Such proteins can be used to produce fibers that are six times tougher than the ...
The Latest Bing News on:
Donghua University Discovery
- EVE Online’s Project Discovery Is Expanding To Cancer Research
In order to further expand on the project, CCP also announced a new mobile app that will allow players to take part in Project Discovery via their phones. The app, called Play Science, makes it so ...
- University News & Events
Two UC Santa Cruz research teams that can make impactful advancements in drug discovery and human health outcomes have been chosen as recipients of the university’s inaugural Innovation Catalyst ...
- Careers at UB
Each of us has an important job to do. You could take pride and find value in being part of this premier university. Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal ...
- Biology Major Reflects on Journey of Discovery in the Lab
She’s also grateful for the support of the University’s Career Development Center, which enabled her to develop important skills such as resume building and interview techniques. “The internship holds ...
- What to Expect When Licensing a Discovery from a University
A biotech company interested in commercializing a discovery made at a university will need to negotiate a patent and know-how license for the right to further develop and commercialize the discovery.