The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Joint Genome Institute (JGI), first located in Walnut Creek then Berkeley, California, was created in 1997 to unite the expertise and resources in genome mapping, DNA sequencing, technology development, and information sciences pioneered at the DOE genome centers at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab), Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL).
The Latest Bing News on:
- Google reveals Gemini AI, its ‘largest science and engineering project ever’ that aims to beat ChatGPT
Google has revealed “Gemini”, which it says is its largest science and engineering project ever. It is also the company’s latest attempt to catch up with rival OpenAI to develop artificial ...
- Two K-State computer science faculty secure $1M+ for AI research
Two Kansas State University computer science faculty members secured more than $1 million for artificial intelligence research.
- Science North struggling with $10M in cost overruns, poor planning, auditor says
Poor planning and project management led to a $10 million increase in Science North’s Go Deeper project, Ontario’s acting auditor general says.
- Government of Canada supports science and research organizations that are transforming research and knowledge into action
From idea to lab, from discovery to application, Canada's science and research sector is an interconnected network of researchers, businesses, academic institutions and non-profits across the country ...
- Quinte Regional Science and Technology Fair needs judges
The Quinte Regional Science and Technology Fair is an annual event that encourages students in Grades 4-12 to explore and create projects in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and ...
The Latest Bing News on:
Joint Genome Institute Discovery
- UK Biobank Releases Whole Genome Data from Half a Million People
UK Biobank is releasing an unparalleled amount of new data from whole genome sequencing of its half a million participants.
- Search algorithm reveals nearly 200 new kinds of CRISPR systems
and the Joint Genome Institute—in weeks, whereas previous methods that look for identical objects would have taken months. They designed their algorithm to look for genes associated with CRISPR.
- Joint Genome Institute’s Post
🚨SAVE THE DATE🚨 The #JGI2024 Annual Meeting will be held Sept. 30–Oct. 4 at the Walnut Creek Marriott. Stay up to date by signing up for our newsletter ...
- Joint Research Institute for Health and BioMedical Informatics
The University of Birmingham and West China Hospital have established the WSCM/WCH-Birmingham Joint Research Institute for Health and BioMedical Informatics, to be a centre of excellence which ...
- The year of sequencing
Len Pennacchio, a geneticist from the US Department of Energy's Joint Genome Institute, says: “At this point, Watson's DNA is a parts list, but it hasn't told us what makes Jim Jim.” ...