A sample of the electromagnetic shielding material made by Empa – a composite of cellulose nanofibres and silver nanowires. Image: Empa
Protection against electromagnetic interference
- Electric motors and electronic devices generate electromagnetic fields that sometimes have to be shielded in order not to affect neighboring electronic components or the transmission of signals. High-frequency electromagnetic fields can only be shielded with conductive shells that are closed on all sides. Often thin metal sheets or metallized foils are used for this purpose. However, for many applications such a shield is too heavy or too poorly adaptable to the given geometry. The ideal solution would be a light, flexible and durable material with extremely high shielding effectiveness.
- The researchers have succeeded in producing a composite of cellulose nanofibers and silver nanowires, and thereby created ultra-light fine structures which provide excellent shielding against electromagnetic radiation. The effect of the material is impressive: with a density of only 1.7 milligrams per cubic centimeter, the silver-reinforced cellulose aerogel achieves more than 40 dB shielding in the frequency range of high-resolution radar radiation (8 to 12 GHz) – in other words: Virtually all radiation in this frequency range is intercepted by the material.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Copper Foil Market to Garner $21.8 Billion, Globally, By 2027 at 7.2% CAGR, Says Allied Market Research
Electromagnetic Shielding, and Others), and End-user Industry (Electrical & Electronics, Automotive, Industrial Equipment, Building & Construction, and Others): Opportunity Analysis and Industry F ...
- Major MXene Conference Comes to Drexel
Making a wearable kidney is a very attractive and important goal, but clearly it takes time. Another key application of MXenes is for electromagnetic shielding, such as to eliminate the irritating ...
- Aimplas Develops Lightweight Battery Case for EVs
recyclable long-fiber thermoplastic composites with two functionalities — flame-retardant additives and particles for electromagnetic shielding (EMI). By replacing metal casings with the new ...
- Global Electromagnetic Shielding Material Market 2022: Overview by Rising Demands and Precise Outlook by 2028
MarketsandResearch.biz has published research and analysis-based study on Global Electromagnetic Shielding Material Market 2022 by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2028 ...
- Electromagnetic Shielding Market Set To Experience Revolutionary Growth Till 2030
Surge in usage of electronic devices across various end-use industries is a key driver for global electromagnetic shielding market. PORTLAND, OREGON, UNITED STATES, July 20, 2022 /EINPresswire.com ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Aerogels against electromagnetic radiation
- Feed has no items.