This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Despite huge demand, as many as 10 percent don't show up for COVID-19 vaccine appointmenton January 22, 2021 at 6:00 pm
During the last 30 minutes of a 1,000-person drive-up vaccine clinic, the Washoe County Health District starts counting cars. They know how much vaccine has been defrosted and how long they have until ...
- Biden’s approach to covid-19: Flood the zoneon January 22, 2021 at 5:58 pm
If the prior administration’s approach to the coronavirus pandemic consisted of doing as little as possible, letting the president subsume experts and trying to get by on “happy talk,” the Biden ...
- China reports 107 new mainland COVID-19 cases vs 103 a day earlieron January 22, 2021 at 5:32 pm
China reported 107 new COVID-19 cases on the mainland on Jan. 22, up from 103 cases a day earlier, the national health authority said on Saturday.
- 38 Capitol Police officers and 150 National Guard members have tested positive for COVID-19 since Capitol attackon January 22, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Gus Papathanasiou, the chairman of the union that represents Capitol police, told CBS News that cases have "spiked" since the January 6 attack.
- CDC says 2nd coronavirus vaccine shot may be scheduled up to 6 weeks lateron January 22, 2021 at 4:35 pm
The updated guidance comes as the United States and other countries seek to ramp up vaccination efforts as health officials warn of broader circulation of more transmissible variants of the ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Home Healthcare Device Market: Global Key Players, Size, Growth, Opportunities, Forecast To 2027 Impact on Global Market of COVID -19on January 22, 2021 at 11:19 am
Jan 22, 2021 (AmericaNewsHour) -- The worldwide home healthcare device market is segmented on basis devices, distribution channel and end user.
- IoT in Liquid Production Market Study 2020 by Technological Growth, Future Growth, Top Companies and Impact of COVID-19 by Regional Forecast To 2024on January 22, 2021 at 9:42 am
Jan (AmericaNewsHour) -- The oil production in the U.S is expected to rise from 8.7 M Barrels per day in 2017 to 10.3 M Barrels per day by 2024 ...
- Why the COVID-19 variants are so dangerous and how to stop them spreadingon January 22, 2021 at 5:34 am
With new, more infectious variants of COVID-19 detected around the world, and at New Zealand's border, the risk of further level 3 or 4 lockdowns is increased if those viruses get into the community.
- U.K-Africa Investment Summit: Renewable energy critical driver of Africa’s post-COVID-19 growth recoveryon January 21, 2021 at 4:33 am
The panel covered discussion of British innovation and experience in the context of partnering with Africa to advance its economic development ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast — Renewable energy will be a ...
- Can the COVID-19 Vaccine Beat the Proliferation of New Virus Mutations?on January 20, 2021 at 5:41 pm
Stopping transmission blocks the opportunity for viral mutation. Vaccination is the only means we have of standing in the virus’s way.