This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Kansas couple fought COVID-19 together but died, holding hands, at a hospital less than two hours aparton January 19, 2021 at 8:26 pm
After battling the coronavirus together, Bert and Carol died less than two hours apart, while holding each other's hands.
- Abbott's COVID-19 Antigen Test May Help With Faster Detection, Isolation - CDCon January 19, 2021 at 8:09 pm
CDC (Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories' rapid COVID-19 antigen test is highly likely to correctly detect if people have ever contracted the virus and could help with earlier isolation, according to the U ...
- Janet Yellen faces critical choice for global economy, poor nations rocked by coronaviruson January 19, 2021 at 7:56 pm
The fate of the additional IMF aid will soon fall in large part to incoming treasury secretary Janet Yellen, the former chair of the Federal Reserve. Even as she confronts daunting domestic economic ...
- 'To heal, we must remember': Biden leads national mourning of nearly 400,000 Americans killed by COVID-19on January 19, 2021 at 7:16 pm
"It's hard sometimes to remember. But that's how we heal," Biden said from the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool.
- Mexico reports new one-day record of 1,584 COVID-19 deathson January 19, 2021 at 6:34 pm
Mexico reported its highest daily death toll since the coronavirus pandemic began, with 1,584 deaths confirmed Tuesday. There was also a near-record one-day rise in new ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Rapid assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on food supply chains in the Philippineson January 19, 2021 at 6:48 pm
English Assessment on Philippines about Agriculture, Food and Nutrition and Epidemic; published on 06 Jan 2021 by FAO ...
- Black Fungus Market 2021: Covid-19 Impact on Industry Growth, Top Manufacture, Size, Regional Analysis and Forecast to 2027on January 19, 2021 at 10:04 am
The Insight Partners have recently published a research report titled Global Black Fungus Market Size Status and Forecast 2021 2027 This report has been prepared by experienced and knowledgeable ...
- 2021 Employee Communication Software Market Current Growth Developments with 11.8% of CAGR by 2027on January 19, 2021 at 4:10 am
The Insight Partners” According to the latest research report titled "Employee Communication Software Market Forecast to 2027 – COVID-19 Impact and Analysis – ...
- Wall Street Couldn't Stop Buying Shares of These 2 Stocks in 2020on January 19, 2021 at 4:00 am
Amidst last year's exuberance, many stocks had fantastic returns, but Novavax (NASDAQ: NVAX) and Fiverr (NYSE: FVRR) stand out as especially noteworthy. Not only were they two of the best-performing ...
- LTE Base Station System Market Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact: Historical Data Coverage, Expert Analysis & Growth Projections 2020-2026on January 19, 2021 at 2:50 am
The business intelligence study on the Global LTE Base Station System Market strives to offer a holistic insight into the various growth dynamics technological and regulatory frameworks and recent ...