This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Covid-19 Has Nearly Wiped Out the Flu—How Do We Keep It From Coming Back?on January 21, 2021 at 4:14 am
Coronavirus measures like mask-wearing and increased vaccination rates have contributed to historically low levels of seasonal influenza, leading some to explore what might help most after the ...
- On Britain's COVID-19 frontline, medics and patients fight for lifeon January 21, 2021 at 4:04 am
At Milton Keynes University Hospital in England, it's a battle between life and death. For those most ill, death is gaining the upper hand.
- Fire hits building at Indian producer of COVID-19 vaccineson January 21, 2021 at 3:22 am
A fire broke out Thursday at a building under construction at Serum Institute of India, the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer, possibly affecting its future expansion ...
- Biden's COVID-19 plan: Masks, testing, more vaccine supplieson January 21, 2021 at 2:55 am
President Joe Biden is rolling out a national strategy to fight COVID-19, reopen the nation’s schools and restart the U.S. economy ...
- Fauci praises WHO leadership in coronavirus pandemic, signaling break from Trump eraon January 21, 2021 at 2:46 am
The infectious-disease specialist confirmed President Biden’s decision to remain in the U.N. health agency and join the effort to distribute vaccines worldwide.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- U.K Africa Investment Summit: Renewable energy critical driver of Africa’s post-COVID-19 growth recovery and economic prosperity, Panel sayson January 21, 2021 at 3:02 am
COVID-19 growth recovery and economic prosperity, panelists in a 2021 UK Africa Investment Summit event said Wednesda ...
- Verafin's success is just the start of future growth for N.L.'s tech sector, co-founder sayson January 21, 2021 at 1:30 am
One of the founders of St. John’s digital security company Verafin says his company’s huge deal with Nasdaq late last year is just the beginning for Newfoundland and Labrador’s technology sector.
- Can the COVID-19 Vaccine Beat the Proliferation of New Virus Mutations?on January 20, 2021 at 5:41 pm
Stopping transmission blocks the opportunity for viral mutation. Vaccination is the only means we have of standing in the virus’s way.
- Rapid assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on food supply chains in the Philippineson January 19, 2021 at 6:48 pm
English Assessment on Philippines about Agriculture, Food and Nutrition and Epidemic; published on 06 Jan 2021 by FAO ...
- Black Fungus Market 2021: Covid-19 Impact on Industry Growth, Top Manufacture, Size, Regional Analysis and Forecast to 2027on January 19, 2021 at 10:04 am
The Insight Partners have recently published a research report titled Global Black Fungus Market Size Status and Forecast 2021 2027 This report has been prepared by experienced and knowledgeable ...