This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Coronavirus variant sweeps South Africa, exhibiting ‘terrifying’ dominanceon January 28, 2021 at 5:00 am
South Africa was already one of the countries worst hit by the coronavirus, but in the six weeks since a new, more transmissible variant was first publicly announced here, an enormous spike of new ...
- Coronavirus updates: Herd immunity will 'take awhile,' CDC director says; California to switch up vaccine distributionon January 28, 2021 at 4:54 am
A new CDC report shows U.K. variant is continuing to spread across U.S. Mexico reports highest daily count of infections. Latest COVID-19 news.
- Biden to expand Affordable Care Act enrollment amid COVID-19 in new executive orderon January 28, 2021 at 4:47 am
President Joe Biden will tackle the issue of health care with two executive actions to expand enrollment for the Affordable Care Act and addressing reproductive health.
- SF allows dining, other business to reopen after improving COVID-19 figureson January 28, 2021 at 4:44 am
San Francisco will allow outdoor dining and some businesses to reopen Thursday -- a major step for a city that has largely been proactive in taking steps to tamp down on the spread of COVID-19.
- Africa secures another 400 million COVID-19 vaccine doseson January 28, 2021 at 4:17 am
Another 400 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been secured for the African continent through the Serum Institute of India, the Africa Centers for Disease Control ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- ‘Your money and your life’: no need to trade off saving lives from coronavirus and economic recoveryon January 28, 2021 at 5:03 am
Angus Deaton, who won the Nobel Prize for economics, says there is no evidence lockdowns to control the spread of the coronavirus would save lives at a huge cost to the economy.
- Leading Cancer Organizations Warn Cancer Doesn't Stop for COVID-19 and Neither Should Youon January 28, 2021 at 4:23 am
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) and the American Cancer Society (ACS) are teaming up with leading cancer organizations across the country to endorse the resumption of cancer ...
- Sugarcane Harvester Market (COVID-19 Analysis) – Industry Report Share, Growth, Trends Analysison January 27, 2021 at 3:43 am
The Sugarcane Harvester Market study added by Reports web exhibits a comprehensive analysis of the growth trends present in the global business scenario The study further presents conclusive data ...
- Floating Solar Panel Market Study 2020 by Technological Growth, Future Growth, Top Companies and Impact of COVID-19 by Regional Forecast To 2027on January 27, 2021 at 2:21 am
A new report published, titled "Floating Solar Panel Market: Global Demand Analysis & Opportunity Outlook 2027" delivers detailed overview of the floating solar panel market in terms of market ...
- Civil Helicopter Market Study 2020 by Technological Growth, Future Growth, Top Companies and Impact of COVID-19 by Regional Forecast To 2027on January 27, 2021 at 2:08 am
According to a recently published report "Civil Helicopter Market: Global Demand Analysis & Opportunity Outlook 2027" delivers detailed overview of the civil helicopter market in terms of market ...