This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- US coronavirus: CDC forecasts up to 100,000 more deaths in the next few weekson January 21, 2021 at 12:51 am
The United States could face as many as 100,000 more Covid-19 deaths in less than a month, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Indonesia aims to start general public COVID-19 vaccinations late April to Mayon January 21, 2021 at 12:51 am
Indonesia plans to start giving the general public COVID-19 vaccinations sometime between late April to May, health minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin said on Thursday.
- Loss of smell drives Covid-19 survivors to get creative in the kitchenon January 21, 2021 at 12:48 am
A loss of smell — or anosmia — is a common symptom of Covid-19, and it can severely impact people's ability to taste. People still need to eat, of course, and they're modifying their meals as a result ...
- 'I lasted two hours': Workers with lingering COVID-19 ailments struggle to resume their old jobson January 21, 2021 at 12:44 am
In some cases, sufferers of lingering COVID symptoms say they’re still unable to return to their jobs, almost a year after contracting the disease.
- Can COVID-19 vaccines be mixed and matched?on January 21, 2021 at 12:10 am
Can COVID-19 vaccines be mixed and matched? Health officials say both doses should be of the same vaccine. The COVID-19 vaccines rolling out in the United States, the United ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Can the COVID-19 Vaccine Beat the Proliferation of New Virus Mutations?on January 20, 2021 at 5:41 pm
Stopping transmission blocks the opportunity for viral mutation. Vaccination is the only means we have of standing in the virus’s way.
- Statement by U.S. Conference of Mayors on President Joe Biden's COVID-19 Executive Orderson January 20, 2021 at 4:29 pm
President Joe Biden signed a combination of Executive Orders to change the course of the COVID-19 pandemic and provide economic relief to millions of Americans suffering from the economic fallout of ...
- Rapid assessment of the impact of COVID-19 on food supply chains in the Philippineson January 19, 2021 at 6:48 pm
English Assessment on Philippines about Agriculture, Food and Nutrition and Epidemic; published on 06 Jan 2021 by FAO ...
- Black Fungus Market 2021: Covid-19 Impact on Industry Growth, Top Manufacture, Size, Regional Analysis and Forecast to 2027on January 19, 2021 at 10:04 am
The Insight Partners have recently published a research report titled Global Black Fungus Market Size Status and Forecast 2021 2027 This report has been prepared by experienced and knowledgeable ...
- LTE Base Station System Market Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact: Historical Data Coverage, Expert Analysis & Growth Projections 2020-2026on January 19, 2021 at 2:50 am
The business intelligence study on the Global LTE Base Station System Market strives to offer a holistic insight into the various growth dynamics technological and regulatory frameworks and recent ...