This figure shows that the incorporation of three nucleotide analogues Carbovir-5’-Triphosphate (Car-TP), Entecavir-5’-Triphosphate (Ent-TP), and Ganciclovir-5’-Triphosphate (Gan-TP) by SARS-CoV-2 polymerase terminates the viral polymerase reaction. The reaction products were detected by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus causing the global COVID-19 pandemic, uses a protein called polymerase to replicate its genome inside infected human cells. Terminating the polymerase reaction will stop the growth of the coronavirus, leading to its eradication by the human host’s immune system.
“In our efforts to help tackle this global emergency, we are very hopeful that the structural and chemical features of the molecules we identified, in correlation with their inhibitory activity to the SARS-CoV-2 polymerase, can be used as a guide to design and synthesize new compounds for the development of COVID-19 therapeutics,” says Ju.
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Biden targets diverse groups with vaccine hesitancy for COVID-19 fundson February 22, 2021 at 10:30 pm
The Biden administration has awarded millions of dollars to counter fear and misinformation in communities of color that have indicated they're concerned about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine. Over ...
- Inside a Covid-19 ICU in Baghdadon February 22, 2021 at 9:47 pm
A second wave of Covid-19 is dealing a heavy blow to Iraq as the government stands helpless in the face of the crisis. CNN's Arwa Damon got a rare look inside an ICU of a Baghdad hospital that saw its ...
- Biden Leads Americans in Moment of Silence to Mourn 500,000 U.S. COVID-19 Deathson February 22, 2021 at 9:03 pm
President Joe Biden led Americans in observing a moment of silence on Monday to commemorate the grim milestone of more than 500,000 U.S. deaths from COVID-19, urging Americans to set aside partisan ...
- Catholic cardinal and Tapper pause to pray over Covid-19 victimson February 22, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Cardinal Wilton Gregory says a prayer for the victims of the coronavirus pandemic. Source: CNN. Coronavirus (15 Videos) Catholic cardinal and Tapper pause to pray over Covid-19 vi ...
- Covid-19: Fauci Warns Americans Might Need to Wear Masks for Another Yearon February 22, 2021 at 8:27 pm
The U.S. begins to catch up on vaccinations delayed by storms. The country is nearing a harrowing milestone: 500,000 virus-related deaths.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Stopping the growth of the coronavirus
- Oilfield Equipment Market Forecast to 2027 – Covid-19 Impact and Global Analysis – by Type of Equipment, by Applicationon February 22, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Oilfield equipment signifies implementation of products, equipment, and related services in oil & gas. These equipment are used to explore and deplete the oil reserves with an aim to cater the ...
- US COVID-19 numbers are slowing but experts project tens of thousands more deaths in next 3 monthson February 21, 2021 at 7:27 am
COVID-19 trends may be encouraging in recent weeks -- but a new forecast offered a grim reminder the U.S. is not in the clear. More than 497,500 Americans have died of COVID-19. Another 91,000 ...
- China, India able to absorb share of record coronavirus-induced global debt levels with ‘growth credibility’on February 18, 2021 at 2:02 am
Developing economies with strong growth potential like India and China should not panic too much just yet amid rising debt levels after a new report showed the coronavirus pandemic pushed global ...
- Amazon is pre-emptively suing New York's AG to stop her pressing charges over its COVID-19 response and the firing of an activist workeron February 12, 2021 at 4:13 am
Amazon fired Christian Smalls after he organized a worker protest, saying he violated social-distancing rules.
- Aegis Sciences Corporation and Walgreens announce expansion of COVID-19 diagnostic testingon February 11, 2021 at 9:40 pm
Aegis Sciences Corporation, a leading healthcare company that provides clinically innovative medication compliance testing and consulting services to providers, and Walgreens today announced an ...