via Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering
With easy-to-use tests, everyone can check themselves every day.
Simple at-home tests for the coronavirus, some that involve spitting into a small tube of solution, could be the key to expanding testing and impeding the spread of the pandemic. The Food and Drug Administration should encourage their development and then fast track approval.
One variety, paper-strip tests, are inexpensive and easy enough to make that Americans could test themselves every day. You would simply spit into a tube of saline solution and insert a small piece of paper embedded with a strip of protein. If you are infected with enough of the virus, the strip will change color within 15 minutes.
via The New York Times
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Intrivo donates over $1M in COVID-19 tests, as well as computers and software, to war-torn Ukrainian hospitals in-need
About Intrivo Diagnostics Intrivo is a leading health-tech company harnessing the power of AI and user-centered design to help control COVID-19 while preparing the world to tackle the next health ...
- Monkeypox isn't like COVID-19 — and that's a good thing
Although monkeypox's recent spread has caused concern, its similarities to smallpox have given the public health world a head start on combating it.
- Mid-Valley COVID-19 cases rise but Marion, Polk not at 'high' community risk
New coronavirus cases continued to increase in Oregon in the ... and Washington County with 332. The Centers for Disease Control says high levels of community transmission begin at 100 cases per ...
- Nation's latest COVID-19 wave largely hidden from view, health experts say
Current COVID-19 cases are just a fraction of what they were at the peak of the omicron wave. But many people in the country may be noticing what seems to be a flood of cases in their social circles.
- Concerned about COVID-19?
The head of the Food and Drug Administration is preparing to tell lawmakers about events that led to a months-long gap before inspecting the plant at the center of a ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
At-home tests for Covid-19
- St. Joseph County Department of Health distributing free at-home COVID-19 tests
Individuals may receive one test kit per household member while supplies last. Each test kit includes two tests.
- CDC recommends COVID-19 vaccine boosters for people 5 and up; households can order more free at-home tests: Coronavirus update for Friday, May 20
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently expanded eligibility for COVID-19 vaccine boosters to Americans 5 and up, and households can now order eight more free at-home COVID-19 ...
- 8 more at-home COVID-19 tests are available from the government, but they can’t be used for travel
This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information. Americans can order up to eight at-home rapid COVID-19 tests per household at no cost as of this week, marking the third test rollout ...
- How to Order 8 More Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests From the Government
The White House just announced a new round of free tests, available to everyone regardless of insurance status.
- FDA Approves New At-Home Test That Can Detect COVID, Flu and RSV at Once
Americans wondering if they have COVID-19 or the flu will soon be able to take one at-home test to figure it out. On Monday, the Food and Drug Administration approved the first at-home test that can ...