Plastic carbon was transformed even to beneficial fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6, by the microbes originating from humic lakes.
The University of Jyväskylä
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Ask An Expert: What The Heck Are Microplastics?on April 29, 2021 at 9:08 pm
There’s little long-term research on the effects of microplastics. But we know enough to say they’re a problem.
- Scientists Make Microplastics Breakthrough, Devising Method to Trap And Remove Themon April 29, 2021 at 11:23 am
Microbiologists have found a way to use bacteria to trap microplastics, removing them from the environment and making them easier to recycle. The new technique, developed by scientists at Hong Kong ...
- Can bacteria capture and eliminate microplastics?on April 29, 2021 at 9:31 am
Scientists have found a way to create a sticky bacterial film that traps microplastics floating in water. Could this be a scalable solution for our oceans?
- Fish have been swallowing microplastics since the 1950son April 28, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Researchers examined the guts of freshwater fish preserved in museum collections; they found that fish have been swallowing microplastics since the 1950s and that the concentration of microplastics in ...
- Sticky bacterial biofilm traps and sinks microplastics for recyclingon April 28, 2021 at 7:25 pm
The pervasive nature of plastic pollution makes it an incredibly difficult problem to tackle, but lately we're seeing how microscopic organisms might offer us a helping hand. This has included the ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Omega-3 fatty acids from microplastics
- Omega-3 increases likelihood of developing atrial fibrillation: ESC studyon April 29, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Researchers have found in a new study that Fish oil supplements linked with heart rhythm disorder.Omega-3 supplements are associated with an increased likelihood ...
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements Linked With Heart Rhythm Disorderon April 29, 2021 at 8:06 am
Omega-3 supplements are associated with an increased likelihood of developing atrial fibrillation in people with high blood lipids. That's the finding of a study published today in European Heart ...
- Strengthen your immunity by adding these 5 sources of omega-3 to your dieton April 28, 2021 at 6:30 pm
You’ve probably heard a lot about omega-3 but do you know why it is important? Well, omega-3 fatty acids are critical components of the membranes that surround each cell in your body. These fatty ...
- Omega-3 Supplements Improve Lipid Profile in Kids With High Cholesterolon April 28, 2021 at 5:23 am
Lipid profile in the blood of children at high risk for heart disease can be changed with an omega-3 fatty acid supplement.
- Omega-3 supplements help kids with high cholesterol improve lipid profileon April 27, 2021 at 8:12 am
Fatty acid supplements may protect children with high cholesterol from heart disease later in life by increasing their blood levels of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, according to a new study.