The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Genomic characterization and computational phenotyping of nitrogen-fixing bacteria isolated from Colombian sugarcane fieldson April 28, 2021 at 6:26 am
Intact nitrogenase (nif) genes and operons were found in 18 of ... consisting primarily of nitrogen-fixing bacteria, which were discovered and isolated from other countries (primarily Brazil ...
- Curious Cook: Synthetic fertilisers and the environmenton April 15, 2021 at 10:48 pm
Rhizobia have at least nine nitrogen fixing (NIF) genes specifically designed for processing nitrogen. These genes express an enzyme called nitrogenase which can convert atmospheric nitrogen and ...
- Genetic engineeringon April 14, 2021 at 12:50 pm
Researchers are developing a so-called "daisy-chain" gene-drive system that provides controls for genetic engineering of certain populations.
- Experimental evolution makes microbes more cooperative with their local host genotypeon April 4, 2021 at 5:01 pm
See allHide authors and affiliations Many legumes have a host-symbiote relationship with nitrogen-fixing bacteria ... with mutations in putative signaling genes. Thus, cooperation depends on the match ...
- Thomas E Juengeron March 16, 2021 at 1:00 am
and ecological studies of interactions between plants and nitrogen-fixing bacteria. Tom began an appointment at the University of Texas at Austin in 2002, where he teaches undergraduate and graduate ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Using less fertilizer
- Tips and tricks for growing healthy garlic plants: Ask an experton May 1, 2021 at 12:45 pm
The gardening season has started and if you’ve got questions, turn to Ask an Expert, an online question-and-answer tool from Oregon State University’s Extension Service. OSU Extension faculty and ...
- What do you mean, I might benefit from counseling?on May 1, 2021 at 6:00 am
What causes it? When did it begin? What triggers it? What are healthy coping skills? Many of our patients are unfamiliar with what counseling actually entails, and perhaps you are too. Some of them ...
- The 7 Best Indoor Garden Systems of 2021on April 30, 2021 at 11:06 am
Indoor garden systems can really open up a lot of possibilities for gardeners. We researched the best indoor garden systems to make the most of your space.
- Saving Our Soil…One Billion Microbes at a Timeon April 30, 2021 at 8:32 am
Apparently, in this little amount there are more microbes than all 7.8 billion people on earth today. This handful has greater diversity than all the animals and insects in the Amazon Rainforest. This ...
- Growing Things Outdoors: Organic or chemical, that is the fertilizing questionon April 30, 2021 at 7:00 am
An age-old debate centres on the use of chemical vs organic fertilizers in the garden. There are significant differences between the two methods in terms of nutrient availability, effects on the soil ...