This photograph shows green photosynthetic cyanobacteria growing and mineralizing in the sand-hydrogel framework. The living material has similar strength to cement-base mortar.
College of Engineering and Applied Science at Colorado University Boulder
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Engineers Create “Living Materials” – Inspired by Symbiotic Culture Used to Make Kombucha Teaon January 19, 2021 at 5:36 am
A symbiotic culture of specialized yeast and bacteria can generate tough materials able to perform a variety of functions. Engineers at MIT and Imperial College London have developed a new way to ...
- Why future homes could be made of living funguson January 15, 2021 at 4:34 am
In the summer of 2014 a strange building began to take shape just outside MoMA PS1, a contemporary art centre in New York City. It looked like someone had started building an igloo and then got ...
- Inspired by Kombucha Microbes, Scientists Create 'Living Materials'on January 14, 2021 at 9:09 am
Engineered living materials could be used to detect and filter contaminants in water, in packaging to detect and alert to damage, and act as "living photographs" ...
- Kombucha Tea-inspired Smart 'living Materials' Can Sense Environmental Pollutantson January 13, 2021 at 4:03 am
Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Imperial College London have designed "smart living materials" inspired by kombucha tea.
- Scientists Create Living Material Out Of A Mixture Inspired From Fermented Tea 'Kombucha'on January 13, 2021 at 3:34 am
Researchers from the Imperial College London and MIT have managed to develop smart living materials by engineering microbes to detect and react to the environment around them. Interestingly, the ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
Green living material
- Green Stream Holdings Anticipates Sunny Forecast for Renewable Energy - Market Rally as U.S. Stocks Soar Just Hours Before Biden Inaugurationon January 20, 2021 at 9:53 am
Green Stream Holdings Anticipates Sunny Forecast for Renewable Energy - Market Rally as U.S. Stocks Soar Just Hours Before Biden Inauguration ...
- This green-roofed cabin is made from local cedar and glasson January 19, 2021 at 6:32 pm
The Bowen Island House is a contemporary cabin made from sustainable materials in British Columbia. See photos here.
- Green Concrete Market 2021 Industry Overview, Demand, Growth Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Development Status and Forecast Researchon January 18, 2021 at 2:20 am
Green Concrete is a type of concrete which contains waste material as one of its components in its composition.
- Ten contemporary living rooms with calm interiorson January 16, 2021 at 2:00 am
We've rounded up 10 living rooms with calm, relaxing interiors, including rooms with soothing colours and natural materials that create a peaceful environment. This is the latest roundup in a series ...
- Australia wants to certify green hydrogen with German expertiseon January 12, 2021 at 9:59 pm
The Australian Smart Energy Council and Germany's energy agency, Deutsche Energie-Agentur (Dena), announced a partnership on Tuesday that will see them cooperate to ensure that customers are able to ...