The top image shows a knee joint in a healthy rat. (White indicates cartilage.) The second image from top shows a joint with grade 2 untreated osteoarthritis. The third image shows a joint with osteoarthritis that has worsened from grade 2 to grade 4 after six weeks of placebo therapy. The bottom image shows a joint with osteoarthritis that improved from grade 2 to grade 1 (mild) after six weeks of combination therapy with alphaKlotho and sTGFbR2.
Credit: Salk Institute
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Emirati teenager creates Exosuit to ease osteoarthritis patients' painon January 17, 2021 at 9:46 am
Emirati teenager Sara Naeem Fekri has come up on top by designing Smart Shoes and Exosuit that helps alleviate the condition of those suffering from osteoarthritis. Her creation has won several ...
- Osteoarthritis Market Report Examines Industry Size, Demand Analysis, Growth Rate And 2023 Forecaston January 17, 2021 at 3:22 am
Jan 17, 2021 (Heraldkeepers) -- with forecast up to 2023. Report included Exclusive analysis by Industry Experts from most reputed companies as ...
- Scientists discover new treatment target for osteoarthritis-like knee cartilage degenerationon January 16, 2021 at 4:51 pm
There is currently no cure for osteoarthritis, but a group of scientists believe they've discovered a method through which a simple knee injection could potentially stop the disease's effects.
- Stable, supportive shoes better for knee osteoarthritis painon January 16, 2021 at 3:31 pm
Stable, supportive shoes seem to be better for pain linked to knee osteoarthritis, compared with flat, flexible shoes, according to trial results published in the Annals of Internal Medicine. Other ...
- What to know about hip replacementson January 15, 2021 at 10:00 am
Hip replacements are common in older adults. This article looks at the procedure itself, who can benefit from it, what to expect from recovery, and more.
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- 5 Tips to Minimize Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare-Ups, According to an Experton January 14, 2021 at 1:17 pm
Some mornings, it was such a struggle to get out of bed and dress herself, the New Jersey-based home healthcare nurse had to call out of work. A few years after the diagnosis, Tara is managing her ...
- Organogenesis ReNu® Receives FDA Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy (RMAT) Designation For ...on January 12, 2021 at 1:43 am
RMAT Designation Enables Closer FDA Interactions to Support Accelerated Approval CANTON, Mass., Jan. 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Organogenesis Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: ORGO), a leading regenerative ...
- Organogenesis ReNu® Receives FDA Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy (RMAT) Designation For Osteoarthritis of the Kneeon January 11, 2021 at 6:22 am
FDA Determines ReNu Preliminary Clinical Evidence Indicates Potential to Address Unmet Medical Needs for the Management of Symptoms Associated ...
- Joint Pain Injections Market: Increasing Geriatric Population and Unmet Clinical Needs in Patients with Joint Pain Projected to Boost the Marketon January 11, 2021 at 3:47 am
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, “Joint Pain Injections Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, ...
- Coronavirus: US smashes record with more than 300,000 daily cases — as it happenedon January 9, 2021 at 1:20 pm
London has highest proportion of positive tests in England. US economy sheds jobs for first time since April. German industrial output and exports show resilience.