The top image shows a knee joint in a healthy rat. (White indicates cartilage.) The second image from top shows a joint with grade 2 untreated osteoarthritis. The third image shows a joint with osteoarthritis that has worsened from grade 2 to grade 4 after six weeks of placebo therapy. The bottom image shows a joint with osteoarthritis that improved from grade 2 to grade 1 (mild) after six weeks of combination therapy with alphaKlotho and sTGFbR2.
Credit: Salk Institute
The Latest Updates from Bing News & Google News
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Research suggests early osteoarthritis intervention could save $1b per yearon April 27, 2021 at 3:57 pm
A lack of funding is forcing doctors to tell osteoarthritis sufferers to wait on surgery rather than speak with exercise therapists or dieticians.
- Ampio Pharmaceuticals Provides Updates on Clinical Programs for Ampion™ in Osteoarthritis and COVID-19on April 27, 2021 at 6:15 am
Ampio Pharmaceuticals (NYSE American: AMPE), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the advancement of immunology-based therapies for ...
- Osteoarthritis Therapeutic Market to Witness Huge Growth by 2025 | Sanofi, Horizon Therapeutics, Johnson & Johnsonon April 26, 2021 at 7:40 pm
Latest released the research study on Global Osteoarthritis Therapeutic Market, offers a detailed overview of the factors influencing the global business scope. Osteoarthritis Therapeutic Market ...
- Mitochondrial DNA impact on joint damaged process in a conplastic mouse model after being surgically induced with osteoarthritison April 26, 2021 at 5:00 pm
It has been suggested that mitochondrial dysfunction and mtDNA variations may contribute to osteoarthritis (OA) pathogenesis. However, the causative link to support this claim is lacking. Here, we ...
- Biosplice Publishes Successful Clinical Trial in Knee Osteoarthritison April 26, 2021 at 6:15 am
Biosplice Therapeutics, Inc. ("Biosplice"), a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering therapeutics based on ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this weekon April 30, 2021 at 10:28 am
A roundup of some of the most popular but completely untrue stories and visuals of the week. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. The Associated Press checked ...
- Medial Knee Pain Exerciseson April 29, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Medial knee pain can be caused by several different problems. Exercises to improve flexibility and strengthen leg muscles can ease some discomfort.
- 'Jelly' that could renew damaged knee joints: Scientists hope jab will stimulate the growth of cartilage once injectedon April 28, 2021 at 9:10 am
Scientists hope the jab, using jelly found in donated umbilical cords, will stimulate the growth of cushioning cartilage once injected into the knees of patients with osteoarthritis.
- The TLR-2/TonEBP signaling pathway regulates 29-kDa fibronectin fragment-dependent expression of matrix metalloproteinaseson April 26, 2021 at 4:42 pm
Fibronectin fragments (FN-fs), which are abundant in the synovial fluid of patients with osteoarthritis (OA), induce expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) via the toll-like receptor-2 (TLR-2) ...
- Best elliptical machines: Health benefits, alternatives, and moreon April 25, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Elliptical trainers are stationary machines that simulate walking and climbing for a whole body workout. Learn more about them and some of the best models here.