The Francis Crick Institute (formerly the UK Centre for Medical Research and Innovation) is a biomedical research centre in London, which was established in 2010 and opened in 2016
The Latest Bing News on:
Francis Crick Institute Research
- Salk Nobel laureate Roger Guillemin, whose insights helped lead to better ways to fight disease, dies at 100
He was considered to be one of the giants of endocrinology and a star hire that helped the Salk quickly develop an international reputation.
- Scientists may have finally solved the mystery of consciousness – their discoveries are troubling
Throughout history, attempts by mere mortals to plumb the inner recesses of the soul have been seen as hubristic. Shakespeare had Hamlet express this powerfully when he rages against those who “would ...
- Sir David Cooksey obituary: pioneering venture capitalist
When David Cooksey sold a company to Robert Maxwell, the late publisher tried his regular ploy of demanding a last-minute price cut. Without a word, Cooksey gathered his papers and left the room. He ...
- The Life and Gruesome Death of a Bog Man Revealed after 5,000 Years
Vittrup Man, who was bludgeoned to death in a Danish bog, was a Scandinavian wanderer, according to new research ...
- Cancer Research UK targets major donors in campaign to raise £400mn
Cancer Research UK is targeting high value donors and philanthropists in what it says is the ‘largest ever philanthropic campaign by a UK charity’, with the aim of raising £400mn to accelerate cancer ...
The Latest Bing News on:
Francis Crick Institute Discovery
- New Discovery May Lead to Potential IBD Treatments
“We believe our discovery of BECLIN1 as a master regulator of gut ... the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, and the UK-based Francis Crick Institute and the Institute for Liver and Digestive ...
- ‘Philanthropy powers progress’: Cancer Research UK urges business to play part in tackling global killer
A coalition of scientists including three Nobel Prize winners teamed up with Cancer Research UK urging leading business figures to back their campaign for a cure.
- Coalition of cancer experts pen 'letter to the world' demanding urgent investment amid grim warning that cases will soar by 50% by 2040
We're partnering with more philanthropists than ever before, all of whom share our appetite for discovery and translating results ... Meanwhile, letter signee Sir Paul Nurse, director of the Francis ...
- UK risks missing out on ‘golden age’ of drug discovery, cancer charity warns
Britain’s ability to benefit fully from a “golden age” in cancer drug discovery will be compromised without further investment, the head of Cancer Research UK has warned. The organisation on Thursday ...
- Researchers identify potential way to treat genetic epilepsy by replacing ‘lost’ enzyme
Molecular Psychiatry. 10.1038/s41380-024-02434-7. The Francis Crick Institute is a biomedical discovery institute dedicated to understanding the fundamental biology underlying health and disease.