The United States Geological Survey (USGS, formerly simply Geological Survey) is a scientific agency of the United States government
The Latest Bing News on:
United States Geological Survey Research
- Sea ice will soon disappear from the Arctic during the summer months -- and it has happened before
In a new study, an international team of researchers warn that the Arctic Sea ice may soon be a thing of the past in the summer months. This may have consequences for both the climate and ecosystems.
- Paraquat, the Deadliest Chemical in US Agriculture, Goes on Trial
Chevron, a distributor of paraquat at the time, jumped on this opportunity, claiming the chemical was necessary for “no-till” farming. The idea, as Chevron branded it, was relatively simple: You don’t ...
- The Seismic Survey market research report is an essential resource for one looking for detailed information on the world market.
The Seismic Survey market has been growing rapidly in recent years, driven by increasing demand for innovative products and services. From an industry perspective, the Seismic Survey market is highly ...
- Sea ice may soon disappear from the Arctic during the summer months—and it has happened before
The "Last Ice Area" north of Greenland and Canada is the last sanctuary of all-year sea ice in this time of rising temperatures caused by climate change. A new study now suggests that this may soon be ...
- Volcano carbon footprint overstated in social media posts
A tweet claims the carbon dioxide released by a recent volcanic eruption in Indonesia is equal to the amount emitted from all other sources over a century. This is false; experts told AFP the ...
The Latest Bing News on:
United States Geological Survey Discovery
- New Discoveries of Fresh Groundwater Offer Hope to Water-Stressed Regions
New, Sustainable Sources of Fresh Groundwater are Now Available. AquaterreX Reveals Growing Scientific Evidence to Aid Millions. VALENCIA, Calif., /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- On this World Water Day, 2023, ...
- A government program hopes to find critical minerals right beneath our feet
Federal scientists are using recon flights and field research to track down metals that are key to the energy transition ...
- At least 1 dead after 6.8-magnitude earthquake recorded in Ecuador
March 18 (UPI) --At least one person has died after a 6.8-magnitude earthquake was recorded about six miles from the Ecuadorian city of Baláo, according to the United States Geological Survey.
- View from Mars Hill: 30th anniversary of the discovery of comet Shoemaker-Levy-9
February 18 marks the 93rd anniversary of Pluto’s discovery in northern Arizona. To celebrate, Lowell Observatory is partnering with other Flagstaff organizations for the Fourth Annual I Heart Pluto ...
- Italy's Eni finds millions of barrels of oil offshore Mexico
Roughly 200 million barrels of oil may rest in the Yatzil reservoir off the eastern coast of Mexico, Italian energy company Eni said Friday.