The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is a physical sciences laboratory, and a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce
The Latest Bing News on:
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Research
- NIST inks partnership to put safety at the intersection of AI and genetic research
A new partnership between NIST and the Engineering Biology Research Consortium looks to secure biotechnologies from being exploited by powerful AI systems.
- Atomic Time: The Unsung Hero Of Modern Electronics
The most ubiquitous application is GPS, where atomic clocks provide the critical timing required for precise global navigation and communication.
- This federal rule change could kill UA research — and cost Arizona billions
Opinion: If patents come with the risk that government could step in, that would hurt a lot more than Arizona's groundbreaking university research.
- Researchers suggest historical precedent for ethical AI research
If we train artificial intelligence (AI) systems on biased data, they can, in turn, make biased judgments that affect hiring decisions, loan applications, and welfare benefits—to name just a few ...
- NIST Establishes AI Safety Consortium
The mixed public and private consortium will focus on safety, standards and skills-building for AI generally and generative AI in particular.
The Latest Bing News on:
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Discovery
- NTIA explores the benefits and risks of open-weight AI models
Democratizing emerging technologies like AI has been another Biden administration agenda item, with the recent launch of the National Artificial Intelligence Research Resource pilot spotlighting the ...
- Legal Tech Rundown: New UnitedLex and Casepoint Hires, Legal AI Assistants, and More
An update on the legal tech market's past few weeks, from product launches to new partnerships. The fast-paced legal tech world is constantly evolving. At Legaltech News, we always try to bring you ...
- What the US AI Safety Consortium means for enterprises
The Biden administration has created the US AI Safety Institute Consortium to coordinate AI risk management efforts. Experts weigh in on the new opportunities, challenges, shortcomings and how it ...
- Scientists unveil new 'heart-on-a-chip'
So-called heart-on-a-chip systems may enable scientists to evaluate the safety and efficacy of new drugs more accurately than they can with animal tests.
- Researchers Fear ‘Unintended Consequences’ of Plan to Lower Drug Prices
They say the plan to allow a government agency to take control of high-priced, federally funded inventions could undermine public-private research partnerships that spur technological innovation.