The Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (abbreviated CHS; previously the UPMC Center for Health Security, the Center for Biosecurity of UPMC, and the Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies) is an independent, nonprofit organization of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health that works in the area of health consequences from epidemics and disasters
The Latest Bing News on:
Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security Research
- The fatal stabbing at a Center City Macy’s is a symptom of another kind of pandemic
Researchers say the mass shutdowns during COVID-19 eroded interpersonal guardrails and have left many of us struggling to handle social situations, trust others, and act responsibly.
- It's Not Too Late for a Flu Shot: Here's Which Vaccines You Need and When
"There's an art of taking that guidance and applying it to the patient in front of you," said Dr. Amesh Adalja, senior scholar with the Center for Health Security at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School ...
- COVID-19 wastewater levels are high in DMV
The latest wastewater data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows high levels of COVID-19 in some parts of the DMV. More people are getting sick as the respiratory virus ...
- Forget the ‘tripledemic.’ The U.S. is headed for a ‘syndemic’ this winter—and experts warn we’re not prepared
The U.S. health care system is a “sitting duck” in the face of a coming cluster of winter epidemics, one expert told Fortune.
- The World Health Organization is investigating mysterious cases of pneumonia among Chinese children. Here’s what you need to know
Northern China has reported an increase in flu-like illness over the past month, when compared to levels seen during the past three years, according to the WHO.
The Latest Bing News on:
Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security Discovery
- The Best Books of 2023
The New Yorker’s editors and critics choose this year’s essential reads in fiction, poetry, and nonfiction.
- New poll finds more than a third of Americans aren't concerned about rise in flu, COVID and RSV cases
Adalja, infectious disease expert and senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, tells Yahoo Life. People have also learned to calculate risk more over the course of the ...
- Center for Law and the Public’s Health
The Johns Hopkins Center for Law and the Public’s Health enhances the effectiveness and visibility of law as a tool to protect and promote the public’s health. Our faculty explore innovative uses of ...
- Center for Population Health IT
Welcome to the Johns Hopkins Center for Population Health IT (CPHIT), an interdisciplinary center dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of populations by advancing health information ...
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
The Pulitzer Center and the Bloomberg School are working together through their Campus Consortium partnership to bring leading global health journalists to the Johns Hopkins campus and offer public ...