The University of Calgary (or UCalgary) is a public research university located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The Latest Bing News on:
University of Calgary Research
- Calgary off-leash parks contaminated with dog feces, causing health problems: study
According to their calculations, the rate of fecal contamination of the public parks in the City of Calgary was close to 1.5 tons of dog feces per week.
- Researchers have calculated how much dog poop is left behind in Calgary parks — it's a lot
A team of researchers were examining animal feces in park land for various research projects and found a staggering number of dog owners aren't picking up after their pets.
- New UNESCO chair at University of Calgary to focus on mountain water systems
UNESCO, a United Nations scientific agency, has announced a new chair in Mountain Water Sustainability hosted out of the University of Calgary. The chair will be held by six researchers based in ...
- A Study of 12,000 People Found That Taking This One Supplement May Lower Your Dementia Risk by 40%
Could one supplement be a tool in your dementia-fighting toolbox? It depends on who you ask, but a new, large study found that it might. The research was conducted by British and Canadian researchers ...
- Let's talk about sex: Calgary research lab providing information for disabled
University of Calgary Online dating can be a challenge for anyone, but Andrew Gurza has more hurdles than most. Gurza, who identifies as queer, has cerebral palsy, a developmental disability that ...
The Latest Bing News on:
University of Calgary Discovery
- Life-sized driftwood sculpture exhibit to raise money for Vancouver Island wildlife centre
A Victoria artist who builds life-sized sculptures of local wildlife entirely out of driftwood is bringing her works to downtown Victoria to help fundraise for Wild ARC, an animal rehabilitation ...
- UAlberta astronomers uncover the first steps of how galaxies form stars
Erik Rosolowsky a physics professor at the University of Alberta joins Calgary with details on a recent discovery involving the James Webb Telescope and what it tells us about the universe.
- Iconic Alberta grain elevators being digitally preserved in virtual reality project
Grain elevators are disappearing from the Canadian landscape at a staggering rate, but the small town of Nanton, Alta. is leading the tech race to save and preserve its own pair of prairie sentinels ...
- A new discovery could impact the future of human exploration of Mars
While humans may be starry-eyed about sending people across the solar system to live on Mars one day, the discovery of a ...
- They dig dinosaurs: Symposium brings together amateurs and professionals
The Alberta Palaeontological Society hosts its annual symposium on Saturday, after a two-year pandemic hiatus.