The University of Chicago (U of C, UChicago, or simply Chicago) is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
The Latest Bing News on:
University of Chicago (U of C) Research
- 319-million-year-old fish oldest example of fossilized vertebrate brain, University of Michigan researchers say
New scans of a prehistoric fish brain have shed light on previous notions that soft tissue cannot be fossilized.
- City Club of Chicago: Chicago at a Crossroads – The Future of Community Policing
February 1, 2023 Chicago at a Crossroads: The Future of Community Policing – moderated by Laura Washington – Roseanna Ander, Mecole Jordan-McBride, Mike Milstein, Andrew Papachristos Ci… ...
- Katherine Baicker appointed provost of the University of Chicago
Katherine Baicker, the Emmett Dedmon Professor and dean of the Harris School of Public Policy, will assume the role of provost on March 20.
- Six University of Chicago scholars named 2023 AAAS fellows
Six University of Chicago researchers were named 2023 fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science for their distinguished contributions to the sciences. Profs. David Freedman, ...
- University of Chicago medical school withdraws from US News rankings
University of Chicago’s Pritzker School of Medicine Leaders at the Chicago medical school have decided to no longer submit data to U.S. News to help the publication rank the institution. Typically, U.
The Latest Bing News on:
University of Chicago (U of C) Discovery
- 319-million-year-old fish preserves the earliest fossilized brain of a backboned animal
The CT-scanned skull of a 319-million-year-old fossilized fish, pulled from a coal mine in England more than a century ago, has revealed the oldest example of a well-preserved vertebrate brain.
- The Day Tomorrow Began
One of the first steps toward the discovery of black holes was made by University of Chicago Prof. Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, who realized that these stars would have to collapse after they ran out ...
- Unraveling sleep’s greatest mysteries: The Day Tomorrow Began (Ep. 106)
That’s until Dr. Emanuel Mignot made a breakthrough discovery. That story and the future of sleep research after the break. Paul Rand: Big Brains is supported by the University of Chicago Graham ...
- Albert Madansky, University of Chicago statistics professor whose work ranged from serious to whimsical, dies
Albert Madansky was a statistics professor at the University of Chicago Graduate School — now known as the U. of C.’s Booth School of Business — and also was a deputy dean as the school ...
- Landmarks: The longevity, prestige of U of C’s Folk Festival results in its own folklore
The annual festivals have been organized by the University of Chicago Folklore Society since 1961. (U of C Folklore Society) As the story goes, a young Bob Dylan stopped by, unbidden, to ...