- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- La Crosse County Libraries offering new digital services, hotspot devices for checkouton January 27, 2021 at 10:15 am
The La Crosse County Library system is offering new electronic media resources and borrowable hotspots to patrons as the coronavirus pandemic continues to make access to materials and the internet ...
- Global Transparent Ceramic Market Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis Report 2021 - ResearchAndMarkets.comon January 27, 2021 at 6:38 am
ResearchAndMarkets.com The “Transparent Ceramic Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering. The transparent ceramic market is ...
- $ 360.3 Million Growth in Transparent Quartz Tube Market During 2020-2024 | Featuring Atlantic Ultraviolet Corp. and Friedrich & Dimmock Inc. among oton January 27, 2021 at 6:00 am
These properties have increased the use of transparent quartz tubes in numerous end-user applications such as the manufacture of silicon wafers, semiconductor fabrication, photovoltaic devices, solar ...
- Innovators come up with 3D masks, touch-free devices in Rajasthanon January 26, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Necessity is the mother of invention and coronavirus pandemic threw up a challenge to innovators to come up with new medical items and devices to tackle the spread of the dreaded virus and other ...
- Rajasthan invents hi-tech 3-D COVID masks with touch screen deviceson January 25, 2021 at 10:22 am
Rajasthan has recently launched India`s first 3D masks as well as touch-free devices to detect heart and diabetes complications at rural health facilities.
- The Transparent Light Speaker is a lantern that plays music. Really…on January 21, 2021 at 9:00 pm
The latest release from aesthetically on-point speaker brand Transparent is a glowing beacon of hope for anyone who likes to vibe out in the tub. Here, we get a first look at the all-new Light Speaker ...
- Dr. Fauci vows to be 'completely transparent' on Covid-19on January 21, 2021 at 2:26 pm
During a White House press briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci told reporters that he feels liberated to speak freely and honestly about the coronavirus pandemic and the science behind it under ...
- Explainable AI: Making Decision-making Transparent and Innovativeon January 19, 2021 at 12:16 am
Artificial intelligence solutions are normally a "Black Box" that makes intelligent decisions. Explainable AI (XAI) erases the alleged black box and makes the decision-making process quick and ...
- Transparent Conductive Films Market Size growing at 10% CAGR to hit USD 3515.5 million by 2025on January 17, 2021 at 8:21 pm
The global Transparent Conductive Films market size is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2025, with a CAGR of 10.0% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2025 and will ...
- Tech trends to watch following annual gadget showon January 16, 2021 at 10:00 pm
CES, the annual gadget show that showcases the buzziest and brightest tech, looked different this year — less Vegas glitz, more internet efficiency. With no physical conference in Las Vegas ...
via Bing News