- DGIST Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team developed single-layer graphene based multifunctional transparent devices
- Expected to be used in various devices such as electronics and skin-attachable devices with power generation and self-charging capability
Various use of electronics and skin-attachable devices are expected with the development of transparent battery that can both generate and store power. DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced on Tuesday, April 23 that Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team in the Smart Textile Research Group developed film-type graphene based multifunctional transparent energy devices.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi’s team actively used ‘single-layered graphene film’ as electrodes in order to develop transparent devices. Due to its excellent electrical conductivity and light and thin characteristics, single-layered graphene film is perfect for electronics that require batteries. By using high-molecule nano-mat that contains semisolid electrolyte, the research team succeeded in increasing transparency (maximum of 77.4%) to see landscape and letters clearly.
Furthermore, the research team designed structure for electronic devices to be self-charging and storing by inserting energy storage panel inside the upper layer of power devices and energy conversion panel inside the lower panel. They even succeeded in manufacturing electronics with touch-sensing systems by adding a touch sensor right below the energy storage panel of the upper layer.
Senior Researcher Changsoon Choi in the Smart Textile Research Group, the co-author of this paper, said that “We decided to start this research because we were amazed by transparent smartphones appearing in movies. While there are still long ways to go for commercialization due to high production costs, we will do our best to advance this technology further as we made this success in the transparent energy storage field that has not had any visible research performances.”
The Latest on: Transparent devices
via Google News
The Latest on: Transparent devices
- The RedMagic 6 Pro Has More RAM Than Your Gaming PCon March 4, 2021 at 6:16 am
The RedMagic 6 Pro has more RAM than your gaming PC. That is, assuming your gaming PC doesn't have 32GB of RAM for all its gloriousness. Today RedMagic ...
- UK made: Transparent power delivery for glasson March 4, 2021 at 1:11 am
Zytronic of Newcastle has introduced a way of delivering power through glass invisibly, calling it Electroglaz. "Electroglaz is completely transparent and ...
- Analysis and Assessment on Driveline Control Systems and Devices Market 2017-2027on March 2, 2021 at 1:45 pm
The new market study by Future Market Insights (FMI) provides in-depth analysis and projects the trajectory of ...
- How to Limit Google's Apps From Tracking You on Your Apple Deviceson February 25, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Apple recently updated its App Store and iOS privacy policies to force app developers to be more transparent about their data collection practices. As a result, users have a little more insight (and, ...
- Display Device Market Price Trends 2020 | Size, Share, Growth, Analysis, Report & Forecast 2025on February 24, 2021 at 8:26 pm
According to a new report by Expert Market Research, 'Global Display Device Market Size, Share, Price, Trends, Growth, Report and Forecast 2020-2025', the market is anticipated to register CAGR of 8.3 ...
- Affise Raises $8M Series A to Make Partnerships a Measurable and Transparent Marketing Channelon February 24, 2021 at 5:07 am
Affise, the global technology leader in partnerships management and automation, today announced a Series A funding round worth $8 million. This recent funding round, led by Leta Capital and TMT ...
- Transparent Electronics Market 2020 By Growth, Size, Share, Demand, Trends and Analysis Research Report 2025on February 16, 2021 at 6:24 pm
The report offers overview of leading companies encompassing their successful marketing strategies, market contribution, recent developments in both historic and present contexts. The Transparent ...
- Move over heavy goggles, here come the ultra-high refractive index lenseson February 16, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Transparent amorphous silicon has the advantage of producing hologram devices or ultra-thin lenses that are one thousandth of the thickness of conventional lenses at a fraction of the cost.
- Object transparency reduces human perception of three-dimensional shapeson February 11, 2021 at 4:57 am
objects with glass-like transparent optical properties are perceived to be flatter than they actually are. This discover may be useful for everyday applications, such as devices to assist with ...
via Bing News