UO team makes artificial atoms that work at room temp
Ultra-secure online communications, completely indecipherable if intercepted, are a step closer with the help of a recently published discovery by University of Oregon physicist Ben Alemán.
Alemán, a member of the UO’s Center for Optical, Molecular, and Quantum Science, has made artificial atoms that work in ambient conditions. The research, published in the journal Nano Letters, could be a big step in efforts to develop secure quantum communication networks and all-optical quantum computing.
The Latest on: Artificial atoms
[google_news title=”” keyword=”artificial atoms” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Artificial atoms
- Why the IAEA model may not be best for regulating artificial intelligenceon June 9, 2023 at 3:00 am
The International Atomic Energy Agency has been proposed as model for regulation of artificial intelligence. But the nuclear governance model is actually not a good one for AI. Both nuclear weapons ...
- An electron microscopy study unravels the mysteries of actin filament polarityon June 8, 2023 at 6:17 am
Actin filaments—protein structures critical to living movement from single cells to animals—have long been known to have polarity associated with their physical characteristics, with growing "barbed" ...
- Unlocking photonic computing power with artificial 'life'on June 7, 2023 at 7:34 am
The never-ending quest for faster, smaller computers that can do more has led manufacturers to design ever tinier transistors that are now packed into computer chips by the tens of billions.
- On election day, I fear we’ll see how harmful AI can beon June 6, 2023 at 8:15 pm
His speech that day, Atoms for Peace, was a wake-up call to build the institutions ... Seventy years later we have arrived at another critical international moment. Artificial intelligence (AI) may or ...
- Lasers pierce the stunning dark skies of the Atacama Deserton June 6, 2023 at 5:57 am
This striking image shows four powerful lasers that form part of the Very Large Telescope in the Atacama Desert, Chile. The lasers make sodium atoms in the atmosphere glow like artificial stars, ...
- Artificial Plasma Clouds in Spaceon June 5, 2023 at 7:37 pm
In which clouds of barium atoms are released by rockets at high altitudes and ionized by solar radiation. These clouds of plasma then interact with electric and magnetic fields around the earth ...
- Chemists develop 'almost magical' technique to move single atoms in molecule's coreon May 31, 2023 at 6:06 pm
Editing the core of a molecule is an important process for drug discovery and other chemical innovations, but it is usually a complex process. Until now.
- The 'breath' between atoms -- a new building block for quantum technologyon May 31, 2023 at 5:01 pm
Researchers have discovered they can detect atomic 'breathing,' or the mechanical vibration between two layers of atoms, by observing the type of light those atoms emitted when stimulated by a laser.
- Watch 44 million atoms simulated using AI and a supercomputeron May 16, 2023 at 5:53 am
The most accurate simulation of objects made from tens of millions of atoms has been run on one the world’s top supercomputers with the help of artificial intelligence. Existing simulations that ...
- Atoms and moleculeson May 15, 2023 at 8:45 am
An atom is the smallest particle of an element. A molecule is made of two or more atoms chemically bonded together. Atoms are the building blocks of all matter. Everything is made of atoms - even ...
via Bing News