Scientists from the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) of the University of Luxembourg and from the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) have been able to rejuvenate stem cells in the brain of aging mice.
The revitalised stem cells improve the regeneration of injured or diseased areas in the brain of old mice. The researchers expect that their approach will provide fresh impetus in regenerative medicine and facilitate the development of stem cell therapies. Their results were published today in the journal “Cell”.
All cells making up our organs originate from stem cells. They divide and the resulting cells develop into specific tissue cells, forming the brain, lungs or bone marrow. With age, however, the stem cells of living organisms lose their ability to proliferate. Many of them lapse into a permanent state of quiescence.
The Latest on: Stem cell-based therapies
[google_news title=”” keyword=”stem cell-based therapies” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Stem cell-based therapies
- Brainstorm’s ALS Data Fail to Persuade FDA Advisors, Who Vote Down the Stem Cell Therapyon September 27, 2023 at 6:33 pm
NurOwn, Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics’ experimental stem cell therapy for ALS, did not win the backing of an independent panel of FDA advisors. Many advisory committee members said they want to see ...
- Multiple sclerosis: How stem cell therapy could become a treatment for MSon September 27, 2023 at 1:45 am
Researchers are looking into stem cell therapies as potential treatments for a variety of multiple sclerosis conditions. The findings are promising, but experts say there still is a lot of work to be ...
- FDA Panel Rejects Experimental Stem Cell Therapy for ALSon September 26, 2023 at 5:00 pm
An FDA advisory panel resoundingly rejected NurOwn, an experimental stem cell therapy for mild to moderate ALS.
- FDA Review Skeptical of ALS Stem Cell Therapy Ahead of Panel Meetingon September 26, 2023 at 3:35 pm
The FDA has raised concerns about the safety and efficacy of an experimental stem cell therapy for ALS scheduled for a public hearing by a federal advisory panel on Wednesday.
- Defining the Role of Stem Cell Transplant in T-Cell Lymphomaon September 25, 2023 at 10:00 am
John Lister, MD, discusses the current role of stem cell transplant in the treatment of T-cell lymphoma, and some of the latest advances in the space.
- Advancing retinal cell therapy: New insights into transplanted retinal cells could treat degenerative vision in elderlyon September 25, 2023 at 9:47 am
A team of scientists in Singapore has discovered new behavior in transplanted stem cell derived retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cells, which could help treat Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), ...
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Resilient Surge: Unlocking New Horizons with Projected 16.7% CAGR Growth from 2022 to 2032on September 25, 2023 at 12:06 am
The Stem Cell Therapies Market is anticipated to increase from US$ 187 million in 2021 to US$ 401 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 16.7%, by 2032. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused severe impacts on the ...
- Stem Cell Therapy Market (2023 to 2031) Thriving Industry with Significant Growth and Top Countries Insighton September 21, 2023 at 4:09 am
increasing number of approvals for cell therapy production facilities, coupled with the rising clinical trials for stem cell based-therapies are the primary factors that may surge the market ...
- Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Analysis (2023 to 2031) Latest Report with Top Countries Dataon September 21, 2023 at 2:02 am
The Global Autologous Stem Cell and Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market report offers comprehensive insights into factors affecting demand, growth, opportunities, challenges, and limitations.
- Stem Cell Based Therapy Standards Preparedon September 18, 2023 at 7:14 am
The government is currently preparing regulations regarding stem cell and cell-based therapy. These regulations will be included in government regulations derived from the Health Law.
via Bing News