Our lab aims to reverse glial scar back to normal neural tissue by gene delivery and/or chemical treatment.
Recently, We have discovered a cocktail of small molecules that can reprogram human brain astroglial cells into neuron-like cells after eight-to-ten days of chemical treatment.The small molecule induced neurons could survive for more than five months in cell culture, where they formed functional synaptic networks. When injected in the brains of living mice,the reprogrammed human neurons were integrated into the neural circuits and survived there for at least one month.
The new technology opens the door to the future development of drugs that patients with brain disorders could take as pills to regenerate neurons!
The Latest on: Gene delivery
[google_news title=”” keyword=”gene delivery” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Gene delivery
- Accelerating Progress in Cell and Gene Therapyon February 29, 2024 at 4:00 pm
Standardizing processes, equipment, labware, delivery, and manufacturing within the cell therapy ... ahead and help usher in an era of unprecedented advancements in cell and gene therapies. Erica ...
- Hydrogel spheres compose a microporous structure for localized mRNA deliveryon February 29, 2024 at 1:52 pm
In a significant leap forward in the realm of regenerative medicine, a team at the Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation has introduced a pioneering approach to mRNA therapy using microspheres ...
- PulseSight launches to advance non-viral gene therapies with disruptive minimally-invasive delivery technology for severe retinal diseaseson February 29, 2024 at 1:30 am
PulseSight launches to advance non-viral gene therapies with disruptive minimally-invasive delivery technology for severe retinal diseases: Paris, France Thursday, February 29, 20 ...
- Destroy Duchenne selects DNA Nanobots as Partner to Develop Non-Viral Gene Delivery Solution for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophyon February 29, 2024 at 12:00 am
Elijah works with several biopharmaceutical companies and was intrigued by the targeted, non-viral full length dystrophin gene delivery approach of DNA Nanobots presented to him by DNA Nanobots ...
- Pulsesight Therapeutics launches to develop non-viral gene therapies for retinal diseaseson February 27, 2024 at 4:00 pm
Pulsesight Therapeutics SAS has launched with seed financing, with the aim of developing disruptive non-viral gene therapies with minimally invasive delivery technology.
- Creative Diagnostics Announces New AAV Reagent Solutions For Gene Therapyon February 27, 2024 at 1:26 am
Creative Diagnostics, a leading manufacturer and supplier of antibodies, antigens and assay kits, has announced its AAV Reagent Solutions to the res ...
- Why system change is critical to harness the potential of gene therapieson February 27, 2024 at 12:11 am
Gene therapies and other advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) offer potential advancements in the way we treat certain conditions – but our ...
- Former Penn employee sues Gene Therapy Program director, alleging 'unethical and illegal conduct'on February 26, 2024 at 4:58 pm
In 2013, Faust collaborated with Thomas Jefferson University researcher Joseph Rabinowitz to develop a virus vector technology to aid the delivery of gene therapies that treat skeletal muscle disease.
- Nanotechnology for targeted drug deliveryon February 24, 2024 at 2:18 pm
What is nanotherapy? Nanoparticles can be used in targeted drug delivery to improve the bioavailability, biodistribution, and accumulation of therapeutics, preferentially in the targeted diseased area ...
via Bing News