Our lab aims to reverse glial scar back to normal neural tissue by gene delivery and/or chemical treatment.
Recently, We have discovered a cocktail of small molecules that can reprogram human brain astroglial cells into neuron-like cells after eight-to-ten days of chemical treatment.The small molecule induced neurons could survive for more than five months in cell culture, where they formed functional synaptic networks. When injected in the brains of living mice,the reprogrammed human neurons were integrated into the neural circuits and survived there for at least one month.
The new technology opens the door to the future development of drugs that patients with brain disorders could take as pills to regenerate neurons!
The Latest on: Gene delivery
via Google News
The Latest on: Gene delivery
- Fabrication of anionic dextran-coated micelles for aptamer targeted delivery of camptothecin and survivin-shRNA to colon adenocarcinomaon February 25, 2021 at 7:01 am
In this study, we synthesized PLA-PEI micelles which was co-loaded with an anticancer drug, camptothecin (CPT), and survivin-shRNA (sur-shRNA). The hydrophobic CPT was encapsulated in the core of the ...
- Gene therapy leaders may need M&A to solve their safety issues. Here are the 8 companies analysts are watching.on February 24, 2021 at 10:02 am
A handful of gene therapy companies have run into potential safety issues. Analysts say this could spur deals with startups developing new delivery tools.
- Sanofi, following Denali, pens gene therapy pact with Sirion Biotechon February 24, 2021 at 4:45 am
French Big Pharma Sanofi is teaming up with Germany’s Sirion Biotech for its viral-vector-based gene delivery tech. The pair will work together on developing improved tissue-selective adeno-associated ...
- Gene Delivery Technologies Market Size is Expected to Reach Around US$ 8.9 Billion by 2030 | CAGR 15.5%on February 23, 2021 at 10:18 pm
The global Gene Delivery Technologies market size is expected to be worth around US$ 8.9 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Vision Research Reports. The global Gene Delivery Technologies ...
- SIRION Biotech Announces Collaboration with Sanofi to Innovate Gene Therapy Treatments with Improved Adeno-Associated Virus Capsidson February 23, 2021 at 9:19 pm
SIRION Biotech GmbH, a world leader in viral vector-based gene delivery technologies for gene & cell therapy, announced today that it signed a license and collaboration agreement with Sanofi, a global ...
- FDA Places Clinical Hold on Sickle Cell Gene Therapyon February 23, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The treatment hasn't been associated with problems but uses the same gene delivery vector, a lentivirus, as that used in the SCD trials. Overall, the company has enrolled 47 SCD patients and 63 with ...
- Beam Therapeutics acquires a biotech focused on drug deliveryon February 23, 2021 at 2:53 pm
The Cambridge-based gene editing company is acquiring Georgia Tech spinout Guide Therapeutics for $120 million upfront.
- Beam, capitalizing on stock surge, buys gene therapy tools developer for $120Mon February 23, 2021 at 8:32 am
Guide Therapeutics, the company Beam acquired, is working on ways to more efficiently deliver gene editing therapies into the body.
- Gene editing biotech Beam adds to drug delivery stable with $120M GuideTx buyon February 23, 2021 at 7:15 am
Not all gene editing treatments are created equal—that’s why Beam Therapeutics started out with multiple technologies from the likes of MIT, Harvard, the Broad Institute and Editas Medicine. Now, it’s ...
via Bing News