Researchers at QuTech in Delft have succeeded in generating quantum entanglement between two quantum chips faster than the entanglement is lost.
Entanglement – once referred to by Einstein as “spooky action” – forms the link that will provide a future quantum internet its power and fundamental security. Via a novel smart entanglement protocol and careful protection of the entanglement, the scientists led by Prof. Ronald Hanson are the first in the world to deliver such a quantum link ‘on demand’. This opens the door to connect multiple quantum nodes and create the very first quantum network in the world.
By exploiting the power of quantum entanglement it is theoretically possible to build a quantum internet that cannot be eavesdropped on. However, the realization of such a quantum network is a real challenge: you have to be able to create entanglement reliably, ‘on demand’, and maintain it long enough to pass the entangled information to the next node. So far, this has been beyond the capabilities of quantum experiments.
Scientists at QuTech in Delft have now been the first to experimentally generate entanglement over a distance of two metres in a fraction of a second, ‘on demand’, and subsequently maintain this entanglement long enough to enable -in theory- further entanglement to a third node. ‘The challenge is now to be the first to create a network of multiple entangled nodes: the first version of a quantum internet’, professor Hanson states.
The Latest on: Quantum internet
[google_news title=”” keyword=”quantum internet” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Quantum internet
- Best Internet Providers in Nevadaon November 30, 2023 at 1:02 pm
Las Vegas and Reno have the top options, but broadband service is available throughout the Silver State. Here are CNET's picks for Nevada's best internet.
- Is Quantum AI a Scam or Legit Auto-trading Platform?on November 29, 2023 at 3:59 pm
However, we dug around the site and on the internet about these technologies and could not verify if all of Quantum AI’s claims are true. That’s why it is best to test Quantum AI with smaller ...
- Researchers achieve quantum storage of entangled photons at telecom wavelengths in a crystalon November 29, 2023 at 8:22 am
Quantum technologies are currently maturing at a breath-taking pace. These technologies exploit principles of quantum mechanics in suitably engineered systems, with bright prospects such as boosting ...
- Best Internet Providers in Minnesotaon November 29, 2023 at 8:20 am
The North Star State is home to many quality broadband providers. Here are CNET's picks for the best internet providers to consider in Minnesota.
- Telecom’s Quantum Future: Unprecedented Longevity in Entanglement Storageon November 29, 2023 at 6:31 am
Physicists have achieved a major breakthrough in quantum technology by significantly extending quantum storage times at telecom wavelengths. This advancement is critical for developing practical ...
- UNVEILING THE MYSTERIES OF QUANTUM MATERIALS WITH THE MOST POWERFUL MAGNETIC FIELDSon November 26, 2023 at 4:01 pm
These challenges are also at the heart of the “ultra-quantum matter” project, one of the Institut quantique’s four promising projects, in which Prof. Louis Taillefer is involved. The article Electrons ...
- Quantum Advantage: A Physicist Explains The Future of Computerson November 26, 2023 at 2:30 am
Quantum advantage is the milestone the field of quantum computing is fervently working toward, where a quantum computer can solve problems that are beyond the reach of the most powerful non-quantum, ...
- Quantum Decryption: Have We Lost the Encryption Battle?on November 23, 2023 at 1:20 am
Quantum computers have the potential to break internet security, significantly threatening privacy and security in our digital era due to their rapid advancements.
- UK’s quantum plans could ‘unlock billions — and a geopolitical advantage’on November 23, 2023 at 12:58 am
The British government today unveiled five new quantum computing missions. Industry insiders have welcomed the plans ...
via Bing News