Electronic textiles could allow a person to control household appliances or computers from a distance simply by touching a wristband or other item of clothing — something that could be particularly helpful for those with limited mobility.
Now researchers, reporting in ACS Nano, have developed a new type of e-textile that is self-powered, highly sensitive and washable.
The researchers made a self-powered triboelectric nanogenerator by depositing an electrode array of conductive carbon nanotubes on nylon fabric. To make the E-textile washable, they incorporated polyurethane into the carbon nanotube ink, which made the nanotubes firmly adhere to the fabric. They covered the array with a piece of silk and fashioned the textile into a wristband. When swiped with a finger in different patterns, the E-textile generated electrical signals that were coupled to computers to control programs, or to household objects to turn on lights, a fan or a microwave from across the room. The E-textile is breathable for human skin, washable and inexpensive to produce on a large scale, the researchers say.
The Latest on: E-textiles
[google_news title=”” keyword=”e-textiles” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: E-textiles
- Bharat Tex 2024: Textiles Committee, Gem, & SCOPE Sign Mou To Promote Upcycled Textile Productson February 29, 2024 at 2:01 am
( MENAFN - KNN India) New Delhi, Feb 29 (KNN) The ongoing Bharat Tex 2024 witnessed the signing of a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote upcycled products crafted from textile ...
- Utenos Trikotažas Group: Demand for Textile Manufacturing Expected to Recover in Second Half of the Yearon February 28, 2024 at 11:45 pm
The SBA Textile Group Utenos Trikotažas generated revenues of EUR ... whose products are distributed across the company's e-shop and 6 physical retail stores. The revenue of this sales segment grew by ...
- MoU signed at Bharat Tex 2024 between Textiles Committee,…on February 28, 2024 at 2:27 pm
A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by the Textiles Committee, under the Ministry of Textiles, Government e Marketplace (GeM), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, and Standing ...
- CleanBamboo® by ettitude: Innovating Luxury Textiles for a Sustainable Futureon February 28, 2024 at 1:23 am
Ahh….That dreamy allusion comes to a screeching halt when we think of how the fibers for our favorite textiles are acquired, collected and processed and even when it is put through a washing machine.
- Lyman moves closer to redevelopment of former textile mill siteon February 27, 2024 at 4:00 pm
Before any redevelopment occurs, a 32-acre parcel now owned by the town at the site will need to be clear of any contaminants in the soil and groundwater stemming from when the textile mill was ...
- Textile Recycler Renewcell to Declare Bankruptcyon February 25, 2024 at 12:26 pm
PARIS — Textile recycler Renewcell revealed Sunday that it intends ... Supply Chain Solutions at OECD Italy's Leather Industry Continues to Consolidate Sustainability, AI and E-commerce Are Top ...
- Government amends medical textiles quality control order 2023, implementation set for October 1on February 24, 2024 at 6:49 am
The Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary so to do in the public interest and after consulting the Bureau of Indian Standards ...
- Local textile artist sews Afro-American history into designs to teach, empower and engageon February 23, 2024 at 2:40 pm
Local textile artist Karen E. Griffin, better known as KE, is continuing the legacy of her ancestors one seam and one story at a time.
- Gaps in textiles value chain which global expo, Bharat Tex Expo 2024, seeks to addresson February 22, 2024 at 9:06 pm
India presents a unique strength in the Textiles and Garment sector with a complete value chain from fibre to garments and being the second largest cotton producing country in the world after the US.
via Bing News