The sensor is light, flexible and inexpensive, with potential applications in health care, entertainment and robotics.
The technology, described in a paper published in January in the journal Advanced Materials Technologies, shows that by tearing tissue paper that’s loaded with nanocomposites and breaking the paper’s fibers, the paper acts as a sensor. It can detect a heartbeat, finger force, finger movement, eyeball movement and more.
These small, Band Aid-sized sensors could have a variety of applications in various fields. For example, monitoring a person’s gait or the movement of their eyes can be used to inspect brain function or a game player’s actions. The sensor could track how a special-needs child walks in a home test, sparing the child the need for hospital visits. Or the sensors could be used in occupational therapy for seniors.
The Latest on: Wearable sensor
via Google News
The Latest on: Wearable sensor
- Fitbit Charge 5 leaks show off a sleek fitness wearableon August 24, 2021 at 2:02 pm
New Fitbit Charge 5 leaks hint at a major redesign with an improved screen, more fitness-tracking features, and an October launch date.
- New sensor creates electricity from urine and measures glucose levelson August 24, 2021 at 7:48 am
Scientists from Tokyo University of science have created a new sensor designed to be fitted into diapers that generates the electricity it needs to operate directly from urine using a biofuel ...
- SkyWater and Rockley Photonics Expand Relationship to Enable Wafer Back-End-Of-Line Processing for Wearable Health Sensorson August 24, 2021 at 6:07 am
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. & OXFORD, United Kingdom & PASADENA, Calif., August 24, 2021--SkyWater and Rockley Photonics Expand Relationship to Enable Wafer Back-End-Of-Line Processing for Wearable Health Sens ...
- Novel self-powered diaper sensors could help prevent diabetes and simplify long-term careon August 23, 2021 at 6:05 pm
Monitoring urine sugar levels is important during early stages of diabetes, and diaper sensors represent an attractive solution.
- Self-powered diaper sensors that monitor urine sugar levelson August 23, 2021 at 7:16 am
Thanks to science and modern medicine, we know a lot more now about the early signs of certain diseases and which biomarkers to check. Most importantly, we have the necessary devices and techniques to ...
- What Is Wearable AI And How It Can Change The Worldon August 23, 2021 at 2:03 am
Once artificial intelligence (AI) seemed a pipe dream but no more. It has integrated into almost every sector across the ...
- Wearable Blood Pressure Sensoron August 20, 2021 at 5:58 am
The global Wearable Blood Pressure Sensor Market is highly dynamic and is forecasted to show massive growth during the forecasted period. Analysts at Oneup Business Insights have forecasted that the ...
- Telehealth, Wearable Sensors Show Life Quality Gains in Small Studyon August 19, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Telehealth, together with wearable sensors that accurately monitor symptoms like tremor, may help to improve quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease, a small, single-center study suggests.
- Submerged sensors to control wearable electronicson August 18, 2021 at 5:28 am
Flexible and waterproof sensors that could unlock new applications for wearable electronics have been developed by scientists in Korea. Published in the journal Science and Technology of Advanced ...
- Wearable temperature sensor provides early warning for complications in cancer patientson August 13, 2021 at 6:11 am
A simple, wearable temperature sensor was able to detect dangerous complications in hospitalized cancer patients hours earlier than routine monitoring, a team from the University of Michigan Rogel ...
via Bing News