The self-modifying coating, which is a thousand times thinner than a human hair, works by automatically letting in more heat when it’s cold and blocking the sun’s rays when it’s hot.
Smart windows have the ability to naturally regulate temperatures inside a building, leading to major environmental benefits and significant financial savings. The breakthrough could help meet future energy needs and create temperature-responsive buildings.
Our technology will potentially cut the rising costs of air-conditioning and heating, as well as dramatically reduce the carbon footprint of buildings of all sizes.
Smart glass windows are about 70 per cent more energy efficient during summer and 45 per cent more efficient in the winter compared to standard dual-pane glass.
“Our coating doesn’t require energy and responds directly to changes in temperature.”
“This switch is similar to a dimmer and can be used to control the level of transparency on the window and therefore the intensity of lighting in a room,” Taha said. “This means users have total freedom to operate the smart windows on-demand.”
“The materials and technology are readily scalable to large area surfaces, with the underlying technology filed as a patent in Australia and the US,” she said.
Learn more: Clever coating opens door to smart windows
The Latest on: Smart windows
via Google News
The Latest on: Smart windows
- CEO Robin Li fast-tracks smart EV development to harness Baidu’s AI tech and mount a challenge to Teslaon July 8, 2021 at 5:00 am
The tech giant is hoping to harness its AI tech as it builds an EV presence, in a market where electrification and digitalisation are redrawing the landscape.
- View, Inc. Acquires IoTium, a Pioneer in Secure Edge-Cloud Infrastructure for Smart Buildingson July 8, 2021 at 4:00 am
MILPITAS, Calif., July 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (Nasdaq: VIEW) (“View”), the leader in smart building platforms and smart windows, today announced it has acquired IoTium, the leading provider of ...
- Titan Home Improvement Announces Acquisition of Home Smart Industrieson July 7, 2021 at 10:05 am
Titan Home Improvement (“Titan”), based in Coral Gables, Fla., today announced the acquisition of Home Smart Industries (“Home Smart”), a Pennsylvania-based specialty bath and shower remodeling ...
- Global Smart Windows Market to 2027 - Smart Windows Seek Opportunities in Self-Driving Carson July 7, 2021 at 6:30 am
The "Smart Windows - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Smart Windows estimated at US$3.6 ...
- Global Smart Windows Market Report 2021: Market to Reach $6.8 Billion by 2026 - Suspended Particle Devices (SPD) to Account for $4.1 Billionon July 7, 2021 at 2:39 am
The "Smart Windows - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. Global Smart Windows Market to Reach $6.8 Billion by 2026 Amid the COVID-19 ...
- Smart Windows Market is Anticipated to Generate $8.97 Billion by 2026 | At 11.4% CAGRon July 6, 2021 at 4:43 pm
... sector and strict government regulations to control risk-oriented incidents drive the growth of the global smart windows market. Portland, OR, United States - July 6, 2021 /MarketersMedia/ -- ...
- Summer’s a scorcher. Here’s how smart home tech can offer reliefon July 4, 2021 at 1:00 pm
With the dog days of summer on the way, your smart home devices can help you beat the heat and stay comfortable.
- Global Smart Glass and Smart Windows Market Report 2021-2031: Latest Innovations and Products Developed by Large Companies and Start-upson June 29, 2021 at 10:07 am
DUBLIN, June 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Smart Glass and Smart Windows 2021-2031" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The smart glass and windows market is growing fast ...
- Global Smart Glass and Smart Windows Markets, 2015-2020 & 2021-2031on June 29, 2021 at 4:24 am
Dublin, June 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The "Smart Glass and Smart Windows 2021-2031" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The smart glass and windows market is growing fast ...
- Global Smart Glass and Smart Windows Market Report 2021-2031: Producers have Raised Over $1 Billion in Funding as the Technology is Gaining Wider Commercial Traction ...on June 28, 2021 at 9:12 am
The "Smart Glass and Smart Windows 2021-2031" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The smart glass and windows market is growing fast and has been installed in the commercial ...
via Bing News