The self-modifying coating, which is a thousand times thinner than a human hair, works by automatically letting in more heat when it’s cold and blocking the sun’s rays when it’s hot.
Smart windows have the ability to naturally regulate temperatures inside a building, leading to major environmental benefits and significant financial savings. The breakthrough could help meet future energy needs and create temperature-responsive buildings.
Our technology will potentially cut the rising costs of air-conditioning and heating, as well as dramatically reduce the carbon footprint of buildings of all sizes.
Smart glass windows are about 70 per cent more energy efficient during summer and 45 per cent more efficient in the winter compared to standard dual-pane glass.
“Our coating doesn’t require energy and responds directly to changes in temperature.”
“This switch is similar to a dimmer and can be used to control the level of transparency on the window and therefore the intensity of lighting in a room,” Taha said. “This means users have total freedom to operate the smart windows on-demand.”
“The materials and technology are readily scalable to large area surfaces, with the underlying technology filed as a patent in Australia and the US,” she said.
Learn more: Clever coating opens door to smart windows
The Latest on: Smart windows
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Smart windows” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Smart windows
- Smart glasses need to be stylish to really go mainstreamon September 30, 2023 at 11:30 am
That’s why it’s a problem that all smart glasses tend to look the same. Not everyone will like how a wide, boxy, thick frame will look on them. You could have the most powerful smart glasses ever, but ...
- Pay Just $35 to Get Lifetime Windows 11 and Office 2021on September 27, 2023 at 7:15 pm
Widgets and Microsoft Teams are integrated for staying updated and connected. Additional features like Smart App Control, Windows Studio Effects, and TPM 2.0 enhance security and user experience.
- Everything announced at Meta Connect 2023: Quest 3 release date, smart glasses and Meta AIon September 27, 2023 at 12:27 pm
Meta showed off two new devices at Connect today: the Meta Quest 3 and Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses. It also announced some AI-focused updates.
- Doped materials allow windows to be tuned to block targeted wavelengthson September 27, 2023 at 7:58 am
Modulation of light by a single material is highly desirable for “smart” windows. Researchers at North Carolina State University (NCSU) have demonstrated a material for “next generation dynamic ...
- See Washington National Cathedral’s New Racial Justice-Themed Stained-Glass Windowson September 26, 2023 at 10:52 pm
Designed by artist Kerry James Marshall, the panels replace windows depicting Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson Sarah Kuta Daily Correspondent For more than 60 years ...
- Tungsten oxide hydrate: the future of smart windowson September 25, 2023 at 11:03 am
Explore the potential of tungsten oxide hydrate, a game-changing material for smart windows that adapt to light and temperature, boosting energy efficiency and comfort.
- Razer Synapse and Chroma software get nice upgrades just in time for Razer's new Aether smart lightson September 21, 2023 at 2:51 pm
Razer Synapse is faster, Razer Chroma can now be installed standalone, and Razer Aether lets you put Chroma everywhere.
- Smart Windows Market Innovations (2023-2031)on September 13, 2023 at 11:41 am
Global Research Period From (2023 to 2031) of "Smart Windows Market" offers a detailed Report of |106 Pages| which is expected to witness remarkable growth in the coming years. The implementation ...
- Smart Windows Harvest Energy From Wind and Rainon September 12, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Now a team at the Georgia Institute of Technology has gone one step further, creating windows that not only protect against the elements -- specifically wind and rain -- but also use them to create ...
- Latest Partnerships and Trends of the Smart Windows Materials Industryon September 11, 2023 at 4:37 am
Smart Windows Materials Market 2023 shows a quantitative fundamental market analysis to provide users with the most recent market dynamics, current market overview, and predicted market growth ...
via Bing News