There have been few examples of a quantum advantage for real-world problems of practical interest
The researchers stress that in its current form, the study uses a simplified version of biological data and has a “proof-of-principle nature.” They believe that once quantum processors known as annealers accumulate qubits and have increased processing power, more complex cellular determinants of gene regulation could be encoded into new models that use quantum computers.
For more details: Quantum Machine Shows Promise for Biological Research
The Latest on: Quantum machine
via Google News
The Latest on: Quantum machine
- A fridge that’s colder than outer space could take quantum computing to new heightson January 24, 2021 at 5:44 am
For Ilana Wisby, CEO at Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC), refrigeration means something else entirely. Her company, operator of the UK’s only commercially available quantum computer, has recently ...
- Quantum computer makers like their odds for big progresson January 23, 2021 at 11:24 pm
Quantum computer makers like their odds for big progress. A close-up of an IBM quantum computer. The processor is located in the silver ...
- Quantum Compiler Co-created by Robert Rand Named Distinguished Paper at POPL 21on January 22, 2021 at 9:12 am
If programmers want to use quantum computers today or in the near future, they’re going to have to get the most out of small, error-prone ...
- Researchers improve data readout by using 'quantum entanglement'on January 21, 2021 at 6:24 am
Researchers say they have been able to greatly improve the readout of data from digital memories—thanks to quantum entanglement.
- How Quantum Computers Could Usher In a Golden Age of Computing Poweron January 20, 2021 at 9:20 am
Quantum engineering Quantum computers could usher in a golden age of computing power, solving problems intractable on today’s machines. Since the 1940s, classical computers have improved at breakneck ...
- Aker BP and Cambridge Quantum Computing to Develop Quantum Machine Learning for Energyon January 19, 2021 at 7:20 am
Cambridge Quantum Computing (“CQC”) is pleased to announce the results of their work with one of Europe’s largest ...
- Transforming quantum computing’s promise into practiceon January 18, 2021 at 9:17 pm
MIT electrical engineer William D. Oliver develops the fundamental technology to enable reliable quantum computers at scale. His work could help vastly improve how computers process information and ...
- New state of matter in one-dimensional quantum gason January 14, 2021 at 11:05 am
As the story goes, the Greek mathematician and tinkerer Archimedes came across an invention while traveling through ancient Egypt that would later bear his name. It was a machine consisting of a screw ...
- Quantum computing research helps IBM win top spot in patent raceon January 12, 2021 at 5:42 am
IBM secured 9,130 US patents in 2020, more than any other company as measured by an annual ranking, and this year quantum computing showed up as part of Big Blue's research effort. The company ...
- IBM Leads in Quantum Computing, Ford in Driverless Car Patentson January 12, 2021 at 3:38 am
Artificial intelligence, quantum computers and autonomous vehicles are among the fastest-growing areas of technology, with American companies often in the lead, according to a new study of U.S.
via Bing News