There have been few examples of a quantum advantage for real-world problems of practical interest
The researchers stress that in its current form, the study uses a simplified version of biological data and has a “proof-of-principle nature.” They believe that once quantum processors known as annealers accumulate qubits and have increased processing power, more complex cellular determinants of gene regulation could be encoded into new models that use quantum computers.
For more details: Quantum Machine Shows Promise for Biological Research
The Latest on: Quantum machine
via Google News
The Latest on: Quantum machine
- Archer Materials on path towards commercialising 12CQ® quantum computing chip and A1 Biochip™on February 24, 2021 at 4:35 pm
The company is building semiconductor devices, including processor chips, that are relevant to quantum computing and lab-on-a-chip biosensor technology.
- CrownBio and JSR Life Sciences Partner with Cambridge Quantum Computing to Leverage Quantum Machine Learning for Novel Cancer Treatment Biomarker Discoveryon February 24, 2021 at 10:15 am
JSR Life Sciences and Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) today announced a partnership agreement to explore the applicatio ...
- Quantum cost: The pitfalls of simplifying politicson February 24, 2021 at 5:19 am
There may be only one way a quantum computer could more accurately predict an election’s outcome than a professional poll: by knowing perhaps too much about you. Luckily, that’s a feasibility.
- Machine learning aids in simulating dynamics of interacting atomson February 24, 2021 at 12:17 am
A revolutionary machine-learning (ML) approach to simulate the motions of atoms in materials such as aluminum is described in this week's Nature Communications journal. This automated approach to ...
- Could quantum computers fix political polls?on February 23, 2021 at 4:32 am
If a quantum system can predict the locations of air molecules in a hurricane, you’d think predicting election results would be a much simpler problem. A quantum physicist and a neuroscientist tell us ...
- Encrypted Quantum Computing: When Ignorance Is Wantedon February 21, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Quantum technologies for computers open up new concepts of preserving the privacy of input and output data of a computation. Scientists from the University of Vienna, the Singapore University of Techn ...
- IBM Reveals Five Year Quantum Development Roadmapon February 18, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Every year we get closer to mainstream use of quantum computers. IBM's Quantum roadmap shows how the company plans to make quantum accessible to more developers.
- AWS joins PennyLane, an open-source framework that combines machine learning with quantum computingon February 17, 2021 at 10:07 pm
AWS joins PennyLane, an open-source framework that combines machine learning with quantum computing . Amazon Web Services Inc. will play ...
- AWS joins PennyLane, an open-source framework that melds machine learning with quantum computingon February 17, 2021 at 5:27 pm
AWS joins PennyLane, an open-source framework that melds machine learning with quantum computing - SiliconANGLE ...
- Machine learning blazes path to reliable near-term quantum computerson February 17, 2021 at 1:18 pm
Using machine learning to develop algorithms that compensate for the crippling noise endemic on today's quantum computers offers a way to maximize their power for reliably performing actual tasks, ...
via Bing News