This artificial eye can automatically stretch to simultaneously focus and correct astigmatism and image shift
The Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences has developed a flat electronically-controlled artificial eye. It combines artificial muscle technology with metalens technology to create a tunable metalens that can change its focus in real time -just like a human eye. It is able to dynamically correct for aberrations such as astigmatism and image shift which the human eye simply cannot do.
There are a wide range of applications including cell phone cameras, eyeglasses and virtual and augmented reality hardware. The Harvard Office of Technology Development has protected the intellectual property relating to this project and is exploring commercialization opportunities.
The lens and the artificial muscle that goes with it are only 30 microns thick.
The Latest on: Artificial eye
via Google News
The Latest on: Artificial eye
- Florida Researchers Studying Artificial Intelligence Use in Telehealthon October 15, 2021 at 10:00 am
University of Central Florida researchers are working on a study to determine whether artificial intelligence integrated into telehealth visits can improve provider training and patient outcomes.
- The Two New Transitions® XTRActive® Lens Products Meet Consumers' Changing Eye Protection Needs - Indoors and Outdoorson October 14, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Transitions Optical has launched their new generation of Transitions XTRActive lenses that delivers the best extra darkness and best extra light protection¹.
- Know the Symptoms of Thyroid or Graves’ Eye Diseaseon October 14, 2021 at 11:47 am
Dry, red or swollen-looking eyes are a few signs you may have the thyroid-related eye disease known as Graves' eye disease. ...
- OU Welcomes Mohamed Al-Shabrawey as New Eye Research Directoron October 14, 2021 at 7:04 am
One of your neighbors posted in Schools. Click through to read what they have to say. (The views expressed in this post are the author’s own.) ...
- Through Another's Eyes: University Researchers, Facebook Release Massive Dataset to Expand Innovation in AIon October 14, 2021 at 5:00 am
A consortium of universities brought together by Facebook AI, including Georgia Tech, have collaborated to compile the largest dataset ever collected on egocentric computer vision -- or computer ...
- Nearly a year after getting a prosthetic limb, a Willmar teen is doing what he loves — and mentoring otherson October 13, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Jed Anderson lost his left foot in a terrible farm accident. In the year since, Jed has learned to not only walk again but also to try anything a 16-year old boy could think of.
- Intense pulsed light treatment may reduce need of artificial tears in dry eye diseaseon October 12, 2021 at 8:30 pm
A new study by Dr Yilin Song and team has reported that intense pulsed light (IPL) has the ability to improve Tear film lipid layer (TFLL) quality and clinically reduced sign and symptoms of Dry Eye ...
- 3D Printed Artificial Corneas to Come up as Significant Future Trend in Artificial Cornea and Corneal Implant Marketon October 12, 2021 at 3:51 am
The artificial cornea and corneal implant market to reach US 696 18 million by 2028 from US 421 86 million in 2021 it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7 4 during 2021 2028 An artificial cornea ...
- Researchers create AI system to improve eye disease detectionon October 11, 2021 at 11:06 am
A group of international researchers have created an artificial intelligence system that provides heightened detection of retinal diseases, ZDNet.com reported Oct. 11. The group includes researchers ...
- AI Eye Podcast 612: Stocks discussed: (NYSE: $IBM) (NYSE: $RTX) (NYSE: $MDT)on October 11, 2021 at 10:48 am
Today's Column - The AI Eye - Watching stock news, deal tracker and advancements in artificial intelligence IBM ( NYSE:IBM) has announced a strategic agreement with Raytheon Technologies Corporation ( ...
via Bing News