According to the recent study Invisibility Cloaking Scheme by Evanescent Distortion on Composite Plasmonic Waveguides with Si Nano-Spacer? published in Nature Scientific Reports?, the researchers conceived a new method that deflects and scatters light away from a “cloaking” chip surface so it is not detected.
An operational cloaking chip can be an extension of the basic technologies such as radar-absorbing dark paint used on stealth aircraft, local optical camouflage, surface cooling to minimize electromagnetic infrared emissions, or electromagnetic wave scattering.
“These results open the door to new integrated photonic devices, harnessing electromagnetic fields of light at nanoscale for a variety of applications from on-chip optical devices to all-optical processing,” says Dr. Alina Karabchevsky (pictured left), head of BGU’s Light-o?n-a-Chip Group and a member of BGU’s Unit of Electro-Optical Engineering and the Ilse Katz Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology. “We showed that it is possible to bend the light around an object located on the cloak on an optical chip. The light does not interact with the object, thus resulting in the object’s invisibility.”
The next step is for researchers to overcome the significant challenge of developing a prototype.
The Latest on: Cloaking chip
[google_news title=”” keyword=”cloaking chip” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
- Monochromatic Color Schemes Can Transform Your Home Into A Sophisticated Oasis Without Draining Too Much Interior Design Energy: Here's How To Pull Off This Look Like A Proon February 21, 2024 at 4:00 pm
Cloaking a bathroom with an assortment of pinks will provide a cheery vibe. Pairing lavender with softer complementary colors like gray and white will give you a tranquil, soothing effect. Sign up for ...
- Phaedra Parks Told Us 14 Fascinating BTS Facts About Her Time On "The Traitors"on February 21, 2024 at 9:23 am
1.Phaedra's style inspiration were Dynasty stars Joan Collins and Diahann Carroll.
- Bleeding Cool Presents Marvel Comics' May 2024 Solicits In Fullon February 20, 2024 at 10:00 pm
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2024 Lucasfilm Ltd. Godzilla, the ...
- On throwing yourself the perfect 21st birthday partyon February 20, 2024 at 5:51 am
For my 21st birthday, I knew I needed to go all out. While turning 21 is arbitrary, it is the rite of passage that fully marks you as an adult in American society: capable of voting, getting drafted ...
- The Gratitude Attitudeon February 19, 2024 at 6:19 am
It can take time to chip away at the cynical shell that many of us surrounded ourselves with in hopes of surviving life’s gut punches. With equal doses of patience and perseverance, the habit loop of ...
- Legal Weed in New York Was Going to Be a Revolution. What Happened?on February 19, 2024 at 3:00 am
Lawsuits. Unlicensed dispensaries. Corporations pushing to get in. The messy rollout of a law that has tried to deliver social justice with marijuana.
- "Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing" chronicles Black sorrow and triumph, attacks are fueled by ignoranceon February 18, 2024 at 4:25 am
Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” tells of Black sorrows and triumphs. Attacks on the song, known colloquially as the Black national anthem, are ignorant.
- Not a drill: Kentuckians must stop bill that would cloak government in almost total secrecy | Opinionon February 16, 2024 at 4:11 am
OpEd: House Bill 509 would completely eviscerate the public’s right to know even the most basic things about what the government is doing in its name.
- 4 Nashville restaurants we wish we could add to USA TODAY's Restaurants of the Yearon February 15, 2024 at 2:30 am
USA TODAY launched its Restaurants of the Year list, and it included 47 places. Here are the additional Nashville spots we wish had been included.
- The Finals’ latest patch has made throwing C4-loaded canisters at players way less effectiveon February 14, 2024 at 7:48 am
“As promised, this update introduces some changes for ‘nukes and snukes.’ Red canisters will now have the physics to make overloaded cans drop faster and take less predictable pathways,” Embark ...
via Google News and Bing News