From Boston Dynamics:
Atlas is the latest in a line of advanced humanoid robots we are developing. Atlas’ control system coordinates motions of the arms, torso and legs to achieve whole-body mobile manipulation, greatly expanding its reach and workspace. Atlas’ ability to balance while performing tasks allows it to work in a large volume while occupying only a small footprint.
The Atlas hardware takes advantage of 3D printing to save weight and space, resulting in a remarkable compact robot with high strength-to-weight ratio and a dramatically large workspace. Stereo vision, range sensing and other sensors give Atlas the ability to manipulate objects in its environment and to travel on rough terrain. Atlas keeps its balance when jostled or pushed and can get up if it tips over.
The Latest on: Atlas robot
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Atlas robot” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
- Chilling vid shows world’s fastest humanoid robot sprinting at full pelt – and terrifying faceless droid will never tireon March 4, 2024 at 8:08 am
CHILLING video has shown the world’s fastest humanoid robot sprinting at full pelt. The terrifying reality comes from Unitree Robotics, whose H1 V3.0 Evolution faceless droid will never tire ...
- Unitree’s H1 sets world record as fastest humanoid robot at 7.38 mphon March 4, 2024 at 3:59 am
Latest enhancements to the Chinese firm's first humanoid allow it to sprint at 7.38 mph on level ground. Unitree Robotics' H1 sets Guinness World Record as fastest full-sized humanoid robot, marking ...
- Huge funding round makes “Figure” Big Tech’s favorite humanoid robot companyon March 1, 2024 at 12:16 pm
"In conjunction with this investment," the press release reads, "Figure and OpenAI have entered into a collaboration agreement to develop next generation AI models for humanoid robots, combining ...
- Video: Unitree H1 humanoid breaks world speed record and tackles stairson March 1, 2024 at 12:13 pm
China's Unitree Robotics is claiming a new world speed record for its H1 humanoid robot. In a just-released video, the bipedal bot is pictured hustling along at a claimed 3.3 meters per second (11.9 ...
- Google’s abused Atlas robot vows to take revenge in horror remix videoon February 29, 2024 at 4:00 pm
DON’T MISS: The 10 best new movies and TV shows coming to Netflix in March Google’s recent videos show a dog-like robot playing with a real dog, and also a humanoid model called Atlas that can ...
- 'We face high risk and extremely low chances of success' notes humanoid robot company Figure AI that just got millions from Bezos, OpenAI, and Nvidiaon February 29, 2024 at 12:15 pm
Figure AI wants to build a multi-purpose, humanoid home robot but faces huge hurdles and an incredibly crowded field ...
- OpenAI wants to make a walking, talking humanoid robot smarteron February 29, 2024 at 5:00 am
Figure’s founder Brett Adcock says a new partnership with OpenAI could help its robots hold conversation and learn from its mistakes over time.
- Bezos, Nvidia Join $675 Million Funding Round for a Startup Making Humanoid AI-Powered Robotson February 26, 2024 at 10:52 am
With a billionaire backing the project, it sounds more like a Hollywood pitch deck than real life. But it is real.
- Elon Musk's Latest Robot Video Looks Like It Was Shot on a Phone From 2002on February 23, 2024 at 4:00 pm
The incredibly blurry video of Tesla’s robot Optimus shared to X on Saturday by CEO Elon Musk. Gif: X / Elon Musk Elon Musk has shared a new video on Saturday featuring Optimus, the robot Tesla ...
- Elon Musk was likely inspired by Boston Dynamics' humanoid robot, its founder sayson February 21, 2024 at 5:06 am
Boston Dynamics founder Marc Raibert joked that he "would love to host robot meetups" between Atlas and Tesla's robot Optimus.
via Google News and Bing News