Newly developed “cinematic rendering” technology can produce photorealistic 3D images from traditional CT and MRI data, with potential applications in medical education, communication with patients and physicians, and early disease detection, according to an article published in the August 2017 issue of the American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR).
Recently introduced and not currently approved for clinical use, cinematic rendering produces images akin to a photograph of a 3D model. This novel technique, which produces a more lifelike image than can be achieved with standard volume rendering, has the potential to create a new paradigm in virtual anatomic visualization, said one of the article’s authors, Dr. U. Joseph Schoepf of the Department of Radiology and Radiological Science at the Medical University of South Carolina.
“Cinematic rendering, a new 3D reconstruction technique, provides a lifelike representation of imaging data and may have potential for enhancing diagnostic utility compared with volume rendering, particularly in terms of a more natural and physically accurate image with improved shape and depth perception,” Schoepf said.
Titled Cinematic Rendering in CT: A Novel, Lifelike 3D Visualization Technique,” the article notes that the new technology is currently limited by the amount of computer power necessary to render truly cinematic 3D images, but the next generation of rendering software and graphics-processing hardware holds great promise.
Applications for cinematic image rendering include surgical planning in several specialties, including thoracic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, and interventional radiology, the article stated. In addition, lifelike, cinematically-rendered images can enhance physician-patient communications and relationships, leading to more informed decisions and possibly improved compliance.
The Latest on: Cinematic rendering
- Marvel’s ‘WandaVision’: Filmed in Front of a Live Studio Audience | Disney+on January 16, 2021 at 8:46 am
The first new MCU entry 'WandaVision' in over a year is like something you see on TV at 3 a.m., unsure if it was a dream or not the morning after.
- Sitcom-ish ‘WandaVision’ a strange, somewhat-fun first Marvel live-action series from Disney+ | TV reviewon January 14, 2021 at 10:15 am
And while the platform has been home to most films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the MCU’s expansion ... It won’t truly be possible to render a verdict on this latest headliner Disney+ until all ...
- Movie Review – The Marksman (2021)on January 14, 2021 at 9:14 am
Directed by Robert Lorenz. Starring Liam Neeson, Katheryn Winnick, Juan Pablo Raba, and Teresa Ruiz. SYNOPSIS: A rancher on the Arizona border becomes the unlikely defender of a young Mexican boy ...
- Commentary/Film review: Italian ‘Pinocchio’ takes the puppet to its rootson January 14, 2021 at 1:16 am
The latest cinematic rendering of “ Pinocchio, ” from Italian director Matteo Garrone, is informed not by the friendly 1940 Walt Disney retelling, but the original source material. Carlo Collodi’s ...
- European Industry for Audio Products to 2027 - Expansion of Online Sales Channels Presents Opportunitieson January 13, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The "Europe Audio Products Market by Type, Technology, and Distribution Channel: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" ...
- New LG CineBeam Projector Elevates Home Movie Viewing To New Heightson January 13, 2021 at 11:00 am
The newest LG CineBeam 4K UHD Laser projector (model HU810P) from LG Electronics (LG) is designed to deliver an authentic movie ...
- MSI Launch New Laptops at “MSIology” Virtual Eventon January 13, 2021 at 9:59 am
MSI, a pioneer in gaming hardware and innovative business solutions, debuts its new series of laptops at the MSIology virtual event. As the gaming giant approaches its 35th anniversary, MSI unveils ...
- Europe Audio Products Market (2020 to 2027) - by Type, Technology, and Distribution Channel - ResearchAndMarkets.comon January 12, 2021 at 10:47 pm
The “Europe Audio Products Market by Type, Technology, and Distribution Channel: Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
- Thought Gaming Was Big in 2020? 2021 Is Amped Up for Moreon January 11, 2021 at 11:45 pm
Together we watched over 100 billion hours of gaming content on YouTube — twice as much as 2018. That’s like 11 million people watching non-stop for a year. And esports viewership is nearly half a ...
- Immerse Yourself In Roger Corman Masterpieces By Enrolling In Hollywood Theatre’s Online Class About the Often-Underrated Directoron January 11, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Roger Corman's singular film career is often preceded by its reputation. There's its sheer volume (over 50 titles directed, over 300 produced). There's the slew of famous filmmakers—Francis Ford ...
via Google News and Bing News