New fuel cell system is the first of its kind
A team of scientists from the Iowa State University have, for the first time, developed a microbial fuel cell that is not reliant on external power to operate. The new fuel cell is the first of its kind and could have major implications for the fuel cell industry as a whole in the future. The energy system currently exists in a proof-of-concept stage, but has shown significant promise in its ability to generate electricity.
Microbial fuel cells could be viable energy systems for those interested in clean energy
A microbial fuel cell uses bacteria to break down chemical bonds and produce electrons. These electrons are then used to generate electricity. With past fuel cells, a “food” supply would need to continuously be fed into the system. If the flow of food stops, the bacteria no longer produce electrons. As such, microbial fuel cells would have to rely on external power sources in order to keep functioning. This problem has made these types of fuel cells somewhat unpopular compared to their hydrogen-powered counterparts.
New fuel cell makes use of 3D paper
The Latest on: Microbial fuel cell
via Google News
The Latest on: Microbial fuel cell
- Biological Drug API manufacturing services market worthon June 8, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Forecasts By Manufacturing Type (Outsourced, In-house), Expression Platform (Mammalian Cell Cultures, Microbial Fermentations ... Emerging Economies to Fuel Biological Drug API Manufacturing ...
- Biological Drug API manufacturing services market worth US$17,506.0 million by 2031. Visiongain Research Inc.on June 7, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Visiongain has published a new report on “Biological Drug API Manufacturing Services Market,2021-2031”. Forecasts By Manufacturing Type (Outsourced, In-house), Expression Platform (Mammalian Cell ...
- Carnivorous Robotson June 7, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Pictured above is a clock that is powered by a microbial fuel cell. The clock is equipped with a scroll of sticky paper for catching the flies which it then scrapes into it’s cell for digestion.
- Micro-Organisms Give Up The Volts In This Biological Batteryon June 4, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Battery cells work by chemical reactions, and the fascinating Hybrid Microbial Fuel Cell design by [Josh Starnes] is no different. True, batteries don’t normally contain life, but the process ...
- Microbial Fuel Cell Market Size, Top Countries Data with Future Scope, Demand Analysis And Opportunity Outlook 2021-2026on June 2, 2021 at 4:27 am
Global “Microbial Fuel Cell Market” report provides an in-depth analysis of the market segments which include product ...
- Downstream Processing Market: Consistent Expansion of Biopharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries to Boost the Marketon June 1, 2021 at 5:42 am
Downstream processing involves several procedures such as cell separation ... introduction of new products and solutions for microbial fermentation, and continuous expansion of biopharmaceutical ...
- Aqua Cultured Foods Debuts Microbial Fermentation Whole-Muscle Cut Seafood Alternativeon May 31, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Aqua Cultured Foods says it is launching the world’s first whole-muscle cut seafood analogue developed using microbial f.
- Earth’s Underground Worlds May Run on Radioactive Decayon May 29, 2021 at 8:15 am
To that end, they have tunneled kilometers below Earth’s surface, drilling outward from the bottom of mine shafts and sinking boreholes deep into ocean sediments. To their surprise, “life was ...
- Wastewater treatment system recovers electricity, filters wateron May 13, 2021 at 1:43 am
The system is set up like a typical microbial fuel cell, a bacterial battery that uses electrochemically active bacteria as a catalyst where a traditional fuel cell would use platinum. In this ...
- Wastewater Treatment System Recovers Electricity, Filters Wateron May 12, 2021 at 5:53 am
The system is set up like a typical microbial fuel cell, a bacterial battery that uses electrochemically active bacteria as a catalyst where a traditional fuel cell would use platinum. In this type of ...
via Bing News