Researchers at the CRANN nanoscience institute at Trinity College Dublin have discovered a new clean energy material that will increase the adoption of hydrogen as a fuel in energy-efficient transport.
Hydrogen has been described as the ultimate clean energy source and, potentially, a real alternative to fossil fuels.
It is seen as very attractive as it is a pollution-free fuel and energy carrier that would satisfy much of the energy requirements of our society.
Hydrogen is readily prepared by splitting water electrically into its component parts hydrogen and oxygen; a process called electrolysis. However, this process requires a significant energy input.
‘Our disruptive materials breakthrough is momentous as it means much more energetically efficient and more economical hydrogen energy’
– PROF MIKE LYONS, CRANN
But now, researchers at CRANN have developed a material that enhances the splitting of water at a very low energy cost using Earth-abundant raw materials.
The Latest on: Hydrogen fuel
[google_news title=”” keyword=”hydrogen fuel” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen fuel
- SCN studies hydrogen fuel schemeon March 3, 2024 at 2:26 pm
SET-listed Scan Inter (SCN), a compressed natural gas seller and clean power operator, is planning to develop hydrogen fuel to benefit from growing demand for clean energy.
- Plug Power Buy Rating Affirmed: Capital Raise and Green Hydrogen Projects Set to Drive Growthon March 3, 2024 at 7:35 am
In a report released on March 1, Gregory Lewis from BTIG maintained a Buy rating on Plug Power (PLUG – Research Report), with a price ...
- Toyota wants hydrogen to succeed so bad it’s practically paying people to buy the Miraion February 29, 2024 at 1:44 pm
If you hurry, you can get $40,000 off a 2023 Toyota Mirai Limited, a fuel-cell vehicle that retails for $66,000. When you factor in the $15,000 in free hydrogen over six years and the available 0% ...
- Honda launches first plug-in hydrogen fuel cell EVon February 29, 2024 at 9:41 am
Honda’s popular CR-V compact crossover is now getting a hydrogen-powered version that will begin deliveries this year in California.
- Toyota Offers Massive Discounts on Mirai to Boost Hydrogen Adoption Amid Fuel Station Challengeson February 28, 2024 at 3:02 pm
showcasing its commitment to advancing hydrogen fuel technology. Toyota is incentivizing the adoption of hydrogen fuel technology by offering substantial discounts on its Mirai model. Interested ...
- Honda is Releasing a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Plug-In Hybrid CR-V for 2025on February 27, 2024 at 9:00 am
Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles offer a unique EV experience, and their ability to completely refuel in just a few minutes makes them more convenient than their battery-powered counterparts. That said, ...
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell & Plug-In Electric Honda CR-V Arriving Later 2024on February 27, 2024 at 6:02 am
Honda's fourth-generation hydrogen fuel cell vehicle for the US market is now a 29-mile plug-in hybrid CR-V with a fuel cell that extends the range to 270 miles ...
- Honda doubles down on hydrogen with new fuel cell-powered SUVon February 27, 2024 at 6:00 am
Honda announced a new hydrogen fuel cell-powered vehicle for the US market in a sign that the automaker has not given up on the most abundant element in the universe for its vehicle lineup. The 2025 ...
- Some Hydrogen Car Owners Are Still Waiting for the Future to Arriveon February 24, 2024 at 11:00 pm
The Snells, who are retired, care about the environment. When they bought the hydrogen fuel-cell car, “we felt like it was a really pioneering thing to do,” she says. “We still do.” ...
- Nikola (NKLA) delivers first hydrogen fuel cell truck in the US, new EV trucks comingon February 22, 2024 at 8:46 am
Nikola Corp (NKLA) announced it had delivered the first production hydrogen fuel cell truck in North America during the ...
via Bing News