It sounds like an approach you might take in Grand Theft Auto, but China may soon be dealing with its notorious traffic problems simply by driving right over the top of them.
A Beijing company is planning to move ahead with a track-based public transport system that allows vehicles to pass underneath, an idea aimed at easing air pollution and congestion.
Beijing-based company Transit Explore Bus came up with the concept for its Elevated Transit Bus and demonstrated a small functioning model at the China Beijing International High-Tech Expo (CHITEC) this week.
Wide enough to cover two traffic lanes, the raised bus would travel along tracks on either side of the road so that cars up to 2 meters (6.6 ft) tall can pass underneath. Ramps would fold outwards to give users access to the street when the bus reaches a stop (though in the company’s animation these do look rather steep and treacherous).
See a previous article: Chinese super-buses glide over traffic
The Latest on: Elevated Transit Bus
via Google News
The Latest on: Elevated Transit Bus
- Medical Episode Triggered MTA Bus Crash Into Subway Pillar, Injuring 13: Copson August 5, 2022 at 1:13 pm
A medical episode was to blame for an MTA bus crash in the Bronx that sent more than a dozen people to hospitals a day ago, authorities said Friday. The 44-year-old woman who had been driving the bus ...
- MTA bus crashes into subway support in the Bronx, driver critically injured, 12 passengers hurton August 4, 2022 at 12:29 pm
EMS said the bus driver was treated for cardiac arrest, but it was not immediately clear if it happened before or after the crash.
- MTA Bus Slams Into Elevated NYC Subway Pillar, Driver in Critical Condition and 12 Others Hurton August 4, 2022 at 12:02 pm
More than a dozen people were hurt, one of them critically, when an MTA bus crashed head-on into an elevated subway track pillar in the Bronx Thursday, fire officials say. The FDNY says it responded ...
- MTA bus slams into elevated subway pillar during possible medical episode, injuring 10 passengerson August 4, 2022 at 7:59 am
An MTA bus driver lost control, apparently after going into cardiac arrest, and crashed into an elevated subway pillar in the Bronx Thursday morning, police said. The bus driver, a 44-year-old woman, ...
- MTA bus slams into elevated subway pillar as driver suffers medical episode, injuring 12 passengerson August 4, 2022 at 7:59 am
An MTA driver suffered a medical episode as her bus crashed Thursday morning into a pillar supporting a Bronx subway line, police said. Surveillance video of the crash shows the bus careen out of its ...
- Part 1 of 3: A Less-Convenient Place for Transit Riders in Salt Lake City?on July 31, 2022 at 5:01 pm
Most city buses, along with the existing streetcar, light rail, and subway/elevated lines, still serve that function ... Garrott noted: “The new bus facility and transit hub, at the ground floor of ...
- Chicago Transit Authority Fast Factson July 29, 2022 at 6:42 am
There are 1,864 buses, 129 routes and 10,768 posted bus stops ... The Chicago and South Side Rapid Transit Railroad Company opens, running trains on an elevated track. November 24, 1936 - Eleven ...
- Chicago Transit Authority Fast Factson July 29, 2022 at 5:47 am
Here's an overview of the Chicago Transit Authority, both its history and its present-day status as the second largest public transportation system in the United States. The largest mass transit ...
- Saskatoon city council greenlights transit safety reporton July 26, 2022 at 7:38 pm
David Kirton said transit operators are facing an increasing amount of threats and harassment. "According to one operator, a lot of situations get elevated ... Kirton said bus operators have ...
- Saskatoon transit safety report being built to address violence, harassmenton July 25, 2022 at 4:04 pm
“According to one operator, a lot of situations get elevated much quicker ... Kirton said some sort of transit support program would create a safe, clean and reliable bus service.
via Bing News