Solar energy is on the rise. Many technical advances have made solar cells quite efficient and affordable in recent years. A big disadvantage remains in the fact that solar cells produce no power when it’s raining.
This may change, however: In the journal Angewandte Chemie, Chinese researchers have now introduced a new approach for making an all-weather solar cell that is triggered by both sunlight and raindrops.
For the conversion of solar energy to electricity, the team from the Ocean University of China (Qingdao) and Yunnan Normal University (Kunming, China) developed a highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cell. In order to allow rain to produce electricity as well, they coated this cell with a whisper-thin film of graphene.
The Latest on: Solar cells
[google_news title=”” keyword=”solar cells” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar cells
- Why strong solar flare didn't disrupt cell phone service or cause auroraon February 24, 2024 at 6:09 am
Solar flares, coronal mass ejections and radiation storms are different types of energy eruptions from the sun.
- Bright idea: Orange County offers partly used solar panels free. Here’s how to get yours.on February 24, 2024 at 4:00 am
A pivotal piece of Orange County history could put a free shine on someone’s future. That’s the deal of the “Great Solar Giveaway 2024” event. Some 5,808 partly used solar panels belonging to the ...
- Top 8 Cheapest Solar Panels 2024: Affordable & Good Quality Solar Companieson February 23, 2024 at 1:00 pm
DaranEner’s cheapest solar panels have received favorable feedback from customers. The panels offer affordability, with the NEO300 being highly regarded for its portability and convenience. On the ...
- Semi-Transparent Cells Could Turn Windows Into Solar Energy Collectorson February 23, 2024 at 8:32 am
As such, engineers and designers are keen to find inventive new ways to include solar cells that seamlessly blend into their surrounding environment. The idea goes that these semi-transparent ...
- How do solar panels work? Your renewable energy system explainedon February 23, 2024 at 5:48 am
Solar panels work by converting sunlight into an electric charge that produces electricity for your home. You either use the electricity or store it for later.
- Can solar flares cause cell phone outages? Here’s what experts say.on February 22, 2024 at 10:21 pm
Two powerful solar flares erupted minutes before a nationwide cellular service outage impacted millions of mobile users Thursday morning, and many people on social media quickly theorized that the ...
- Solar flares or sabotage: TikTok has theories about what happened with today’s massive cell phone outageon February 22, 2024 at 5:35 pm
Solar flares and cell phones outages spark speculation after big network connectivity problems across the United States.
- Solar cell prices hold steady as market weighs feasibility of increasing priceson February 22, 2024 at 4:01 pm
Solar cell FOB China prices have stayed unchanged, with not much real trading taking place as price negotiations for orders delivered in March are still ongoing. Mono PERC M10 and G12 cell prices ...
- Solar flares? Russian nukes? Theories swirl for what caused nationwide cell outageon February 22, 2024 at 10:16 am
It was like a game of telephone, only with no cell phone service. Theories about Thursday massive disruption swirled on social media, with blame for the widespread outage leveled at US foes Russia ...
- Powerful twin solar flares erupt from sun as cell phone outages spike across US (video)on February 22, 2024 at 7:49 am
Two outbursts from the sun occurred as widespread cellphone outages were reported throughout the United States on Thursday (Feb. 22).Two powerful solar flares erupted from the sun on the evening of ...
via Bing News