Scout harnesses artificial intelligence and your smartphone camera to help you find the lowest available price
Price matching can net you some great everyday savings, but finding the lowest price among possibly hundreds of other retailers and then navigating confusing store policies requires a lot of effort, especially when you’re already out shopping. This might explain the fact that despite most major retailers, including Walmart, Target, and Best Buy have a price match policy, only five percent of shoppers are taking advantage of them. This is where the Scout price match app comes in.
Touted as a “personal savings assistant,” Scout is actually an add-on to the existing app SnipSnap, which allows users to turn a printed coupon into a mobile one and to search a comprehensive database for online coupons. The add-on has two primary features: the camera interface that allows a user to snap a picture of an item to search, and a chat system for interacting with Scout’s AI.
Image-searching is handled by Slyce, a visual search tool powered by image recognition technology. Once the user captures an image, Scout identifies the item and then searches a separate price matching database and SnipSnap’s existing coupon database to return the best deal. For price matching, Scout also parses through the intended retailer’s price matching policy and can display it for the customer to show to an employee who may be unfamiliar with the specifics of their store policy. Intended for planning rather than last-minute searches while waiting at checkout, a search can take up to five minutes.
The Latest on: Price matching
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Price matching” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Price matching
- The AirPods Pro with USB-C charging are back down to their Black Friday price of $190on December 5, 2023 at 8:35 am
Black Friday (and a few sales before that) brought the second generation AirPods Pro with the new USB-C charging case to $190. After Cyber Week ended, the buds popped back up to the full price of $249 ...
- Euro zone producer prices inch up in Nov, matching expectationson December 5, 2023 at 8:25 am
Euro zone producer prices inched higher as expected in October compared with September as a rise in energy prices offset slight declines in a range of goods, while the decline from a year earlier ...
- Sainsbury’s gains shoppers as it ramps up price battle with Aldi and Lidlon December 5, 2023 at 3:13 am
Sainsbury’s has recorded the biggest increase in its number of shoppers since 2013, as it stepped up a price battle with discounters Aldi and Lidl.
- NDP agriculture critic says he’s not impressed by grocers’ plans to stabilize priceson December 4, 2023 at 5:51 am
price freezes and price-matching campaigns. MacGregor says grocers agreed to share the plans with members of the House of Commons agriculture committee. He says that while the committee agreed to keep ...
- How price-matching can save you money this holiday seasonon December 3, 2023 at 4:00 pm
But one tool you need to be equipped with before placing an order online, or having your item scanned at the store is this: What is the price-matching policy? Price-matching policies sound exactly ...
- ‘I just saved $5 on my Flonase’: Target customer shares secret price-match hackon December 3, 2023 at 12:30 am
TikTok loves ways to save money and this Target customer has you covered, revealing how to save money by price-matching different locations.
- TikToker shares price-matching hack to save money at Targeton December 2, 2023 at 9:29 pm
A TikToker is sharing her price-matching hack to help fellow customers save some extra money during their next Target shop.
- Holiday Price Match Guarantees Can Be a Win for Your Walleton November 30, 2023 at 10:00 am
Everyone wants to get a good deal, and you can maximize your savings with price match policies. Find out how to save more money on holiday gifts.
via Bing News