Scout harnesses artificial intelligence and your smartphone camera to help you find the lowest available price
Price matching can net you some great everyday savings, but finding the lowest price among possibly hundreds of other retailers and then navigating confusing store policies requires a lot of effort, especially when you’re already out shopping. This might explain the fact that despite most major retailers, including Walmart, Target, and Best Buy have a price match policy, only five percent of shoppers are taking advantage of them. This is where the Scout price match app comes in.
Touted as a “personal savings assistant,” Scout is actually an add-on to the existing app SnipSnap, which allows users to turn a printed coupon into a mobile one and to search a comprehensive database for online coupons. The add-on has two primary features: the camera interface that allows a user to snap a picture of an item to search, and a chat system for interacting with Scout’s AI.
Image-searching is handled by Slyce, a visual search tool powered by image recognition technology. Once the user captures an image, Scout identifies the item and then searches a separate price matching database and SnipSnap’s existing coupon database to return the best deal. For price matching, Scout also parses through the intended retailer’s price matching policy and can display it for the customer to show to an employee who may be unfamiliar with the specifics of their store policy. Intended for planning rather than last-minute searches while waiting at checkout, a search can take up to five minutes.
The Latest on: Price matching
via Google News
The Latest on: Price matching
- Twitch Announces Subscription Price Adjustments For Majority Of Countrieson May 17, 2021 at 9:11 am
Subscription price changes will be coming to Mexico and Turkey first, with a number of other countries to follow.
- The Only Drivable Tesla Cybertruck You Can Actually Buy Now Comes With a Matching Cyberquad ATVon May 17, 2021 at 8:10 am
Not long after Tesla unveiled its brutalist take on an electric pickup truck, Mattel made it possible to not only take the vehicle for a test drive but also actually own one—if you were content with a ...
- Premier League Cheat Sheet: A tip for every match this weekon May 17, 2021 at 8:08 am
Dan Fitch has analysed the Opta stats to bring you a tip for all the midweek Premier League games and he likes Harry Kane's price to score against a favoured foe.
- Sippd Launches Wine Flash Sales Offering Bottles Up to 50% Off Retail Priceon May 17, 2021 at 6:15 am
Sippd, the personal wine-recommender and marketplace that identifies the best wines for an individual's specific palate during their in-person dining and online wine shopping ...
- Does NGM Biopharmaceuticals' (NASDAQ:NGM) Share Price Gain of 28% Match Its Business Performance?on May 17, 2021 at 2:48 am
We believe investing is smart because history shows that stock markets go higher in the long term. But if when ...
- Does CatchMark Timber Trust's (NYSE:CTT) Share Price Gain of 76% Match Its Business Performance?on May 13, 2021 at 10:56 pm
For example, the CatchMark Timber Trust, Inc. (NYSE:CTT) share price is up 76% in the last year, clearly besting the market return of around 49% (not including dividends). If it can keep that ...
- Victory Capital Holdings, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:VCTR) Share Price Is Matching Sentiment Around Its Earningson May 13, 2021 at 5:18 am
Victory Capital Holdings, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:VCTR) price-to-earnings (or "P/E") ratio of 8.4x might make it look like a strong buy right now compared to the market in the United States, where around half ...
- 3 Things Boosting Investor Optimism in Match Group Stockon May 12, 2021 at 5:45 am
It looks like people can't get enough of Match Group 's ( NASDAQ:MTCH) products. The owner of online dating properties including Tinder, Match.com, and Hinge released another quality earnings report ...
- Watch now: Lincoln College extends 'price match' deadlineon May 11, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Here's how the Lincoln College price match program works. The usual May 1 deadline to apply has been extended to Aug. 1. Under the program, Lincoln College attempts to meet or beat the net price of a ...
- Lincoln College Extends Price Match Deadlineon May 11, 2021 at 6:28 am
Lincoln College is extending its application deadline for the school's innovative Price Match Program until August 1. "With the uncertainty ...
via Bing News