Australian and Chinese researchers have discovered an alloy that they say is the world’s strongest and lightest.
Crucially, they say it doesn’t corrode.
If it proves possible to use it in vehicle manufacturing, the researchers say cars could weigh hundreds of kilograms less, saving motorists up to 40 per cent on fuel.
Tom Nightingale reports.
The Latest on: Magnesium alloy
via Google News
The Latest on: Magnesium alloy
- HIP Innovation Center: Hiperbaric's commitment to the future of cutting-edge materialson April 15, 2021 at 3:03 am
Hiperbaric is reinforcing its commitment to competitiveness and R&D of leading companies around the world, to test the technology of Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP).
- Why do some alloys become stronger at room temperature?on April 14, 2021 at 9:55 am
An alloy is typically a metal that has a few per cent of at least one other element added. Some aluminum alloys have a seemingly strange property.
- Beijing Tokyo Manufacturing Co. launches Electric clothes drying rack with UV sterilizationon April 11, 2021 at 2:49 am
The Beijing-Tokyo Manufacturing Co. Ltd has launched electric clothes drying rack. The product is priced at 1,299 yuan (~$198) and is already listed on Jingdong (JD.com) but you can online register ...
- Levitated Metals begins operationson April 8, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Levitated Metals has begun operations at its heavy media plant in New Caney, Texas, which is near Houston. The company also has expanded its executive team with the addition of David Burlison and ...
- NUST MISIS: The New Alloy Can Directly Reduce the Weight of the Household Appliances' Cooling Systems by a Thirdon April 8, 2021 at 1:00 am
The research results are published in the Journal of Magnesium and Alloys. According to experts, with the development of electronics the problem of efficient heat removal is becoming more and more ...
- North Dakota's Roam Rifles makes lightweight rifles, keeps hunting alive for someon April 6, 2021 at 6:30 am
The lightweight rifles are marketed to all hunters, as a way to lighten the load while still carrying a rifle that can drop an antelope. The company has also sold rifles to older hunters, and people ...
- Bruker Launches Upgraded S1 TITAN Handheld XRF Product Lineon April 5, 2021 at 9:55 am
As a result, users of the new S1 TITAN will benefit from significantly improved sensitivity for critical light elements such as Magnesium (Mg ... including the analysis of metal alloys, coatings, ...
- 10 stories you might have missed over the weekendon April 5, 2021 at 7:31 am
Here are 10 stories you might have missed over the weekend.
- Here is the thinnest 5G smartphone ever: uses a magnesium alloy frameon April 1, 2021 at 2:55 am
In order to meet the customer’s thin and light product design, BYD Electronics used magnesium alloy instead of traditional aluminum alloy for processing for the first time. Join GizChina on ...
- Magnesium alloy series - Zk60/zk61 Magnesium Alloy Baron March 28, 2021 at 10:45 am
Zk61/zk60 magnesium alloy bar 1.well performanced. 2.corrosion resistance. 3.low price. Zk61 magnesium alloy bar. Our company has a fully automatic semi-continuous casting bar / slab production line, ...
via Bing News