Researchers have programmed drones to be able to construct a rope bridge that could save lives in the aftermath of a natural disaster
Researchers have programmed three quadcopter drones to self-assemble a bridge using ropes.
The structure measures 7.4 metres long, consists of nine rope segments for a total rope length of about 120 metres and is able to hold an adult, something which has the potential to save lives in the event of a natural disaster.
The Latest on: Rescue drones
via Google News
The Latest on: Rescue drones
- Russian UAV maker launches new VTOL droneon February 24, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Zala Aero Group unveiled the ZX1, a new hybrid unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) at the 2021 International Defense ...
- Drone to help in search for Invercargill man missing since last weekon February 24, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Police have deployed a drone in the search for missing Invercargill man Raymond Horn. Officers have serious concerns for the 68-year-old who went missing from his home on 15 February. Horn has ...
- Global Commercial Drone Market Expected to Exceed $8.5 Billion By 2027on February 24, 2021 at 3:52 pm
These drones are used widely in photography and mapping applications ... border patrol and search and rescue. The platform will also deliver a cost-effective and less labor intensive alternative for ...
- The FAA wants YOU! Applications now available for drone test adminson February 24, 2021 at 7:30 am
Looking to make the skies safer? Interested in drone safety? Then maybe you have what it takes to become an official FAA UAS test administrator. The FAA this week announced an open application period ...
- CNM Student Designs Search and Rescue Beaconon February 21, 2021 at 9:27 am
By the end of the course, he created a search and rescue beacon device using a drone Nerf ball and led lights. It's for Professor Demonstrates. The drone will take off. It'll be carrying the beacon.
- Iris Automation Launches Canadian Drone BVLOS Programon February 18, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Drone startup Iris Automation this week launched the Canada Pathfinder Program, an all-in-one solution to streamline the complex steps required to achieve Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) flight ap ...
- Free Webinar – Skydio Autonomous Drones: Giving Officers a New Set of Eyes for Active Sceneson February 13, 2021 at 9:59 pm
Drones have become valuable tools for giving police officers airborne eyes on active scenes, such as responding to emergencies, conducting search and rescue missions, and for collecting evidence from ...
- Marquette County Sheriff’s Office receives donation to purchase droneon February 12, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Michigan Backcountry Search and Rescue made a donation of $30,000 to the Marquette County Sheriff’s Office for the purchase and implementation of a drone.
- Garuda Aerospace deploys drones to help rescue operations in Uttarakhandon February 12, 2021 at 4:23 pm
Chennai based Garuda Aerospace has deployed drones to help National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)'s relief and rescue operations at the Chamoli glacier burst site in Uttarakhand.
- Drones from Indian firm aid rescue ops in Uttarakhandon February 12, 2021 at 10:19 am
Drones from Indian firm aid rescue ops in Uttarakhand - Garuda Aerospace is a startup supported by the Agnii Mission and Invest India ...
via Bing News