Google Translate has arrived for people with Android smart watches.
Using the voice-to-text command, a wearer can say in their language what they’d like to communicate, choose another language, and hear their request as translated into that tongue, this from two paired languages of the user’s choosing. Digital readout on the wrist will provide the same words in written form to help with the exchange.
This application works quickly, translating a chosen phrase from one language to another in seconds—provided there’s a good signal. It will still suffer the same problems of near-automated translation, but can certainly help bridge the gap of simple questions, asking for directions to the restroom, and getting help in an emergency.
The app is designed to work both ways. The person wearing the Android device turns the watch between themselves and the one they’re speaking to. The app automatically switches between languages, moving back-and-forth between speakers.
Read more: Your Wrist is Now a Master Translator
The Latest on: Google Translate
via Google News
The Latest on: Google Translate
- Endangered Elephants Get a “Google Translate” Database to Help Increase Protection Effortson July 7, 2021 at 10:01 am
The Elephant Ethogram is an online database that compiles elephants’ behaviors and communication techniques that help scientists and other experts study the endangered species.
- Google Translate Still Shows Gender Bias. Here’s What Google Is Doing About It.on July 5, 2021 at 2:27 am
Google publishes translation dataset of Wikipedia Biographies in hopes of reducing gender bias in Google Translate output.
- Lost in Google Translation: Alien Reptoids Taking Over The Local Poolson July 2, 2021 at 7:05 am
So, sharpen your spears and polish your shields–dark times are ahead, as shape-shifting aliens dressed in human skin costumes swarm to our beloved local pools for some otherworldly (steamy) ritual.
- Google Translate Has Gender Bias. And It Needs Fixingon June 29, 2021 at 10:30 pm
Google is releasing the Translated Wikipedia Biographies dataset to evaluate the gender accuracy of translation models.
- Google Translate Instant Camera gets better with the latest upgradeon June 24, 2021 at 12:48 am
Google Translate Instant Camera feature is when you fire up your Google Translate app on your phone, use the camera to point to a text or sign in a different language, and the app automatically ...
- How to translate Google Docs documents into any languageon June 23, 2021 at 3:19 am
If you often get documents in a foreign language, and you want to convert them into your native language, Google Docs is a reliable solution you can opt for. It is possible to translate Google ...
- Sure, Google Translate Volumes Are Staggering, But Here Are Hotter Insights From Google I/O 2021on June 22, 2021 at 6:20 am
Google I/O 2021 unveils key developments about Google Translate, Google Meet, Google LaMDA, Google MUM, and more.
- How to translate websites that won't in Apple Safarion June 18, 2021 at 8:15 am
Easily the best-known online translator is Google's and if you do this a lot, translate.google.com is a very familiar address. What you get there looks like an online version of Apple's own iOS ...
- Google Translate incorporates support for five additional languageson June 17, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Google translate is a great tool to help you understand contents that aren’t in your native language, and it has just added five more languages to its repertoire. This makes the service supports ...
- Judge issues landmark decision after Google Translate tricked a man into giving consent to policeon June 14, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Google Translate can do many things. One thing it can’t do, according to a judge — help you provide constitutionally-required consent to a police officer. A court in Kansas earlier this month ...
via Bing News