Solar four-person car generates more energy than it consumes
As fossil fuel supplies diminish, auto manufacturers worldwide are searching for other ways to power their vehicles. Hybrid cars, electric cars, and even cars powered by hydrogen fuel cells exist already, but even these use up energy.
Stella Lux draws its power from the solar panels that coat the roof, storing the energy in internal batteries. The body and frame, designed to reduce weight, are constructed from materials such as carbon fiber and aluminum in an aerodynamic shape to eliminate drag. Even during the winter months, it runs so efficiently that it generates more power than it consumes.
Efficiency was not the only concern; Solar Team Eindhoven wanted a vehicle that was both comfortable and intelligent. To that end, Stella Lux includes a nav system that coordinates travel with both weather data and the driver’s smartphone. The interior resembles a space-age lounge more than a passenger compartment, with mood lighting and ergonomic seats. From the outside, the vehicle looks like a spacecraft, with a low-slung chassis, a roof that flares to both sides like wings, and a tunnel that runs the length of the car between the wheels.
The Latest on: Solar Powered Car
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Solar Powered Car” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Solar Powered Car
- It’s absurd to block the cheapest electric carson March 2, 2024 at 4:01 pm
China has hugely reduced the cost of EVs — why is that a bad thing?
- Solar farm between Long Whatton and Hathern approvedon March 2, 2024 at 9:55 am
Part of a large solar farm split between two Leicestershire villages has been given the green light. Charnwood Borough Council's planning committee voted to approve the scheme, which sits between ...
- Solar financing: What you need to knowon February 29, 2024 at 2:48 pm
There are multiple ways to finance your solar panels, including personal loans, government loans, and in-house financing via your contractor. Whatever method you choose, many of the considerations are ...
- Aptera’s latest update teases its solar EV app, battery tech, and delivery timelines [Video]on February 29, 2024 at 2:00 pm
Solar EV startup Aptera Motors continued its welcomed level of public transparency today, posting another progress update video for ...
- BLUETTI’s ice-making fridge freezer + modular power station is a car-camping dreamon February 27, 2024 at 5:53 pm
Meet BLUETTI's new SwapSolar: the world's first LFP-powered MultiCooler portable fridge and the AC180T hot-swappable battery station.
- Solar-powered cars to become reality this year: Aptera Motorson February 25, 2024 at 4:23 pm
There's a new type of electric vehicle in the works this year. Aptera Motors Co-CEO Steve Fambro says they will begin to produce solar-powered vehicles in 2024.
- Why investing in solar power makes financial and environmental senseon February 24, 2024 at 6:00 am
From electric cars to windmill farms to solar energy, we are hearing more about green energy, mainly due to global warming creating erratic and extreme weather.
- BLUETTI just launched a solar-powered portable fridge freezer that makes iceon February 21, 2024 at 11:00 am
BLUETTI just launched the MultiCooler, its first portable fridge powered by solar panels or hot-swappable batteries.
- Solar-powered cars gaining traction in search for alternative travelon February 20, 2024 at 10:51 am
We all know there's a big push to get drivers to leave their gas guzzling cars in the rearview mirror, but not everyone's convinced electric is the way. How about harnessing the power of the sun? One ...
- Aptera solar-powered cars could hit roads soonon February 19, 2024 at 9:23 am
Solar-powered cars could be on American roads in the near future, as a California company says it will start production on the first ones late this year.
via Bing News