This breakthrough highlights new possibilities for integrating high-definition full color displays in wearable electronics.
The scientific team, from the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) and Seoul National University, has developed an ultra-thin wearable quantum dot light emitting diodes (QLEDs). The electronic tattoo is based on current quantum dot light emitting diode (QLED) technology. Colloidal quantum dot (QLED’s) have attracted great attention as next generation displays. The quantum dots (QDs) have unique properties such as the color tunability, photo/air stability, and are printability on various substrates. The device is paper thin and can be applied to human skin like a sticker.
The team developed the high performance red, green, and blue QLED array, whose resolutions approach 2,500 pixels per inch. This resolution is far superior to other light emitting devices and displays on the market today including ones used in the latest smartphones. The technique is readily scalable over large area. Devices are adaptable to deformed states and thereby built on the unconventional curvilinear substrates including surfaces of various objects. Further mechanical deformations, such as stretching or wrinkling, are also adopted in this technology, which enables QLEDs on the human skin. This breakthrough highlights new possibilities for integrating high-definition full color displays in wearable electronics.
Read more: QLEDs Meet Wearable Devices
The Latest on: QLED
via Google News
The Latest on: QLED
- Samsung Was Top TV Manufacturer for 15th Straight Yearon February 24, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Samsung has extended its streak as the world’s leading TV vendor for a 15th straight year, according to numbers from research firm Omdia, as cited by The Korea Herald and Yonhap News service The South ...
- Samsung Week deal: Huge 85-inch QLED 4K TV slashed by $500on February 24, 2021 at 6:36 am
Amazon is currently running a significant sale on Samsung products, as part of its Samsung Week promotion. This sale includes money off a load of Samsung’s top-of-the-range QLED 4K TVs. Right now you ...
- Samsung tops global TV market for 15th straight year in 2020: reporton February 23, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Samsung Electronics Co. remained the world's leading TV vendor for the 15th straight year in 2020 on the back of its QLED and large TVs, a report showed Wednesday.
- TCL 5-Series 2020 QLED TV reviewon February 23, 2021 at 3:46 pm
The TCL 5-Series (S535) is one of the cheapest QLED TVs on the market, but its lack of brightness and finesse keep it from outcompeting higher-end screens. The TCL 5-Series (S535) is a great example ...
- Samsung reveals the prices for the 4K QLED TV series & The Frame 2021on February 23, 2021 at 1:12 pm
South Korean electronics giant Samsung unveiled its 2021 lineup of the Frame smart TV alongside the Neo 4K QLED TV at CES 2021. Since then, there has been no word about the pricing and availability ...
- What led Quantum Dot Display (QLED) Market 2025 to mark 6688.5 Million USD with CAGR of 27.9 %on February 23, 2021 at 7:33 am
Feb 23, 2021 (Market Insight Reports) -- Selbyville, Delaware. Market Study Report recently added a new report on Global Quantum Dot Display (QLED) Market, which is an in-depth study providing ...
- TCL Launches QLED C815 and C716 as Zalmi TV ahead of HBL PSL 6on February 22, 2021 at 10:27 pm
TCL Pakistan is the official co-sponsor of Peshawar Zalmi for PSL 6. The TCL Zalmi edition QLED is available nationwide.
- Review: Samsung 65QN90A Neo QLED Pushes LCD Needleon February 22, 2021 at 10:19 am
Samsung is preparing to deliver its first Neo QLED Active Matrix Mini LED LCD TVs into the U.S. market, promising more OLED-like blacks, bright highlights and thinner panel ...
- Samsung opens pre-orders for its 2021 The Frame and QLED 4K TV portfolioon February 22, 2021 at 7:15 am
The Frame 2021 line-up by Samsung starts at $999.99 for the 43-inch model, while QLED 4K TV series starts at $549.99 for the Q60A family.
- The best Walmart TV deals for February 2021: 4K TVs, QLED TVs, and OLED TVson February 21, 2021 at 12:07 pm
Looking for Walmart TV deals? We tracked down sales on must-have 4K TVs, QLED TVs, and OLED TVs from household names like LG and Samsung.
via Bing News