This breakthrough highlights new possibilities for integrating high-definition full color displays in wearable electronics.
The scientific team, from the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) and Seoul National University, has developed an ultra-thin wearable quantum dot light emitting diodes (QLEDs). The electronic tattoo is based on current quantum dot light emitting diode (QLED) technology. Colloidal quantum dot (QLED’s) have attracted great attention as next generation displays. The quantum dots (QDs) have unique properties such as the color tunability, photo/air stability, and are printability on various substrates. The device is paper thin and can be applied to human skin like a sticker.
The team developed the high performance red, green, and blue QLED array, whose resolutions approach 2,500 pixels per inch. This resolution is far superior to other light emitting devices and displays on the market today including ones used in the latest smartphones. The technique is readily scalable over large area. Devices are adaptable to deformed states and thereby built on the unconventional curvilinear substrates including surfaces of various objects. Further mechanical deformations, such as stretching or wrinkling, are also adopted in this technology, which enables QLEDs on the human skin. This breakthrough highlights new possibilities for integrating high-definition full color displays in wearable electronics.
Read more: QLEDs Meet Wearable Devices
The Latest on: QLED
via Google News
The Latest on: QLED
- Vu Televisions Tips the Scales: The Most Beautiful TV in the World Surpasses Other Players during the Amazon Prime Day Saleon August 1, 2022 at 10:03 am
The Vu Group, a leading global TV innovator and manufacturers of premium televisions including the Vu Masterpiece TV has outdone major league brands to emerge as the highest-selling QLED TV during the ...
- Samsung unveils 2022 Neo QLED TV in the Philippineson July 31, 2022 at 10:07 pm
Samsung Electronics Philippines Co. today unveiled their latest TV collection at the Neo QLED 8K Made for Greatness launch, an experiential event with the ...
- I tested Samsung's QN85B Neo QLED 4K TV, and it's not pulling me away from OLEDon July 31, 2022 at 1:00 am
So it’s not damning the technology to point out there’s a gap between the theoretical advantages of mini-LED technology and the way it performs in practice – or, to be specific, there’s a gap between ...
- TV deal of the day? 50-inch Samsung QLED drops under £400 at Amazonon July 29, 2022 at 9:31 am
Searching for an epic TV deal? You've just struck lucky because Samsung's 50-inch Q60A QLED TV is reduced from £549 to just £389 at Amazon (opens in new tab). That's a tasty 30 per cent discount on ...
- Can you record on Sky Glass? And other FAQs about the QLED TVon July 29, 2022 at 7:21 am
The Sky Glass television was released last year and has taken the TV market by storm. But there’s a question that lots of prospective buyers ask themselves – can you record on the Sky ...
- The best TV deals you can get right now at Amazon: Samsung, Amazon Fire TV and moreon July 28, 2022 at 12:02 pm
Read on to find the best TV deals we've found on top-rated models at Amazon. 65" LG OLED B1 Series Alexa built-in 4K smart TV, $1,497 (reduced from $2,300) Find TV deals on top-rated models from the ...
- Samsung 65-inch QN90B QLED TV review: The best TV for brightly lit spaceson July 28, 2022 at 7:00 am
The Samsung QN90B QLED 4K smart TV brings a bright, crisp, clear picture straight to your living room, no matter how sunlit the space is.
- Displaying greatness at forefront: Samsung unveils 2022 Neo QLED TV in PHon July 28, 2022 at 5:47 am
Samsung Electronics Philippines Co. today unveiled their latest TV collection at the Neo QLED 8K Made for Greatness launch, an experiential event with ...
- Samsung’s 2022 Neo QLED TVs offer stunning colours and brightness – here are our favourite modelson July 25, 2022 at 4:30 am
Shopping for a new TV? Don’t miss Samsung’s 2022 range of models, featuring the latest TV tech for an unrivalled home viewing experience.
- Quantum Dots Display QLED Market Size 2022, Global Industry Share, Growth, Segments, Revenue, Manufacturers and 2028 Forecast Research Reporton July 25, 2022 at 12:13 am
Global Quantum Dots Display QLED Market [2022-2028] research report offers the breakdown of the industry by market ...
via Bing News