It can generate enough stem cells to heal permanent wounds, especially those caused externally, said Hu Ping, a cell biologist
The Latest on: Muscle stem cells
via Google News
The Latest on: Muscle stem cells
- Medical researchers find COVID-19 can cause the death of heart cellson March 3, 2021 at 3:03 am
One of the health issues associated with the COVID-19 virus since the pandemic began is heart problems. Among the heart problems are reduced ability to pump blood and abnormal heart rhythms.
- COVID-19 disrupts heart muscle contraction, may lead to heart failureon March 2, 2021 at 1:28 pm
Since early in the pandemic, COVID-19 has been associated with heart problems, including reduced ability to pump blood and abnormal heart rhythms.
- COVID-19 can kill heart muscle cells, interfere with contractionon March 2, 2021 at 1:03 pm
A new study provides evidence that COVID-19 patients' heart damage is caused by the virus invading and replicating inside heart muscle cells, leading to cell death and interfering with heart muscle ...
- Research Reveals How COVID-19 Can Kill Heart Muscle Cells, Interfere With Contractionon March 2, 2021 at 10:45 am
Study reveals details of how coronavirus infects heart; models of tissue damage may help develop potential therapies. Since early in the pandemic, COVID-19 has been associated with heart problems, ...
- Scientists Uncover the Key to Proper Muscle Growthon March 1, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Three oscillating proteins cause new muscle cells to emerge from muscle stem cells in a balanced manner. In a paper being published in the journal Nature Communications, a team led by MDC researcher ...
- The calcium binding protein S100β marks hedgehog-responsive resident vascular stem cells within vascular lesionson March 1, 2021 at 1:45 pm
A hallmark of subclinical atherosclerosis is the accumulation of vascular smooth muscle cell (SMC)-like cells leading to intimal thickening. While medial SMCs contribute, the participation of hedgehog ...
- Third Protein Found That Helps Regulate Development of Stem Cells into Muscle Cellson March 1, 2021 at 5:00 am
Hes1, MyoD, and Dll1 are proteins produced in progenitor cells in an oscillatory manner. They are involved in the Notch signaling pathway, a widespread mechanism by which cells respond to external ...
- ‘We have a hint… it may be possible’: Controversial stem cell therapy repaired injured spinal cords in 13 patientson February 26, 2021 at 8:09 am
Using a somewhat controversial stem cell therapy, a joint team of Japanese and US-based researchers have successfully repaired some damage in 13 patients with spinal cord injuries (SCI).
- Proteins play crucial role in muscle growthon February 26, 2021 at 4:36 am
When a muscle grows, because its owner is still growing too or has started exercising regularly, some of the stem cells in this muscle develop into new muscle cells.
- Oscillations of Delta-like1 regulate the balance between differentiation and maintenance of muscle stem cellson February 26, 2021 at 2:58 am
The cell source and dynamics of Notch ligands during the regulation of muscle stem cells is unclear. Here, the authors show that the Notch ligand Dll1 has to oscillate in order to control the balance ...
via Bing News