Microsoft’s HoloLens wants to bring 3D people into your living room.
HoloLens marks a new phase for both entertainment and communication, connecting both fields with the possibilities of augmented reality. This technology could allow you, for example, to see an acrobat tumble through your living room or look a telecommuting colleague in the eye. You’d be able to move around them, the only thing missing being touch.
The HoloLens themselves will be a pair of large goggles not dissimilar to existing VR rigs like the Oculus Rift. The lens will fire off in front of you, wrapping around real-world devices or objects that you can then interact with. Let’s say you’re working on an art piece and wish to have it scaled down for 3D printing. You can grab the template and place it in its desired location to get an idea of how large to make the final version.
The augmented reality of the HoloLens is not limited to developers or artists. The HoloLens can bring your living room to life with apps on your walls, a toucan sitting on a nearby chair, and even a rocket ship flying around. Microsoft wants to give everyone something to play with by the touch of their fingers.
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Augmented Entertainment” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
- Step Into Snap's Pioneering Augmented Reality Technology Experiences At Web Summit Qatar 2024on February 22, 2024 at 10:16 am
With over 85% of daily Snapchat users in the MENA region actively interacting with Augmented Reality (AR) Lenses, the role of AR in enhancing communi ...
- Coachella ticket sales are sluggish. Are changing music industry, festival trends to blame?on February 22, 2024 at 8:30 am
Is the lineup, a changing music industry or something else to blame for Coachella's slow ticket sales this year?
- How Technology Has Changed the Entertainment Sectoron February 22, 2024 at 8:24 am
Step into the enchanting realm of the entertainment sector, a dazzling tapestry woven with threads of creativity, innov ...
- Carlisle entertainment venue receives 'excellent' half-term feedbackon February 21, 2024 at 9:00 pm
A new Carlisle mixed entertainment venue has said that it received 'excellent' feedback over the half-term week.
- This week's entertainment includes Harrington String Quartet, Bill Gaitheron February 18, 2024 at 2:14 am
In the coming months, IT will also be working with to create an artificial intelligence and augmented reality aspects to this ... Nickelodeon, The Pinkfong Company and VStar Entertainment Group ...
- Austin’s 3D augmented reality Black History Month experience: ‘History all around us’on February 15, 2024 at 1:38 pm
In honor of Black History Month, Austinites are bringing history to life through a free augmented reality event. “History All Around Us” is available to see at the Texas ...
- Austin’s 3D augmented reality Black History Month experience: ‘History all around us’on February 14, 2024 at 11:37 pm
Kendra Dobson, Founder of 3240 Entertainment, created the vision ... The Austin historical sites will have this augmented reality feature available throughout the month of February.
- This Chinese airlines becomes the first in the world to give AR in-flight entertainment to passengerson February 13, 2024 at 8:22 pm
Chinese airlines become the first in the world to provide augmented reality (AR) in-flight entertainment to passengers. Passengers on Hainan Airlines flights can enjoy 3D movies on a virtual 360-inch ...
- Apple’s Vision Pro headset could be a healthcare game-changer, using virtual and augmented reality to enhance treatment and monitoringon February 12, 2024 at 10:14 am
Virtual reality is becoming increasingly useful in healthcare, and Apple’s new Vision Pro headset with its eye-tracking capabilities and high resolution cameras is going to help push the envelope.
via Bing News