Microsoft’s HoloLens wants to bring 3D people into your living room.
HoloLens marks a new phase for both entertainment and communication, connecting both fields with the possibilities of augmented reality. This technology could allow you, for example, to see an acrobat tumble through your living room or look a telecommuting colleague in the eye. You’d be able to move around them, the only thing missing being touch.
The HoloLens themselves will be a pair of large goggles not dissimilar to existing VR rigs like the Oculus Rift. The lens will fire off in front of you, wrapping around real-world devices or objects that you can then interact with. Let’s say you’re working on an art piece and wish to have it scaled down for 3D printing. You can grab the template and place it in its desired location to get an idea of how large to make the final version.
The augmented reality of the HoloLens is not limited to developers or artists. The HoloLens can bring your living room to life with apps on your walls, a toucan sitting on a nearby chair, and even a rocket ship flying around. Microsoft wants to give everyone something to play with by the touch of their fingers.
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Augmented Entertainment” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
- $40.36B Media & Entertainment Industry Outlook 2024-2029: Subscription Models Becoming Increasingly Pivotal for Digital Platform Monetizationon February 28, 2024 at 1:03 am
The Global Media & Entertainment Market is set to experience a significant ... which is altering the industry's structure as traditional players pivot to digital. Innovations in augmented (AR) and ...
- Augmented Reality Training at IPS Academy's Institute of Fashion Technologyon February 27, 2024 at 11:55 pm
The Institute of Fashion Technology at IPS Academy has initiated a five-day training program on Augmented Reality (AR) in collaboration with the National Institute for Micro, Small, and Medium ...
- Accelerating GenAI Business Adoption: Whoz Sets a World First by Mapping and Deploying AI-Augmented Skillson February 27, 2024 at 10:50 pm
A Talent Ecosystem Entirely Copiloted to Spot AI-Augmented Skills Whoz enables to create a large talent ecosystem that integrates both internal talents and external contributors. Anchored in the ...
- Apple alters focus from EVs to generative artificial intelligence, augmented realityon February 27, 2024 at 7:22 pm
This decision comes after a decade-long effort and signals a strategic pivot towards investing in generative artificial intelligence and augmented reality headsets. These emerging fields are currently ...
- Spatial Computing Market Size to Grow USD 1304 Million by 2030 at a CAGR of 13.1% | Valuates Reportson February 27, 2024 at 8:35 am
The global Spatial Computing market was valued at USD 551 million in 2023 and is anticipated to reach USD 1304 million by 2030, witnessing a CAGR of 13.1% during the forecast period 2024-2030. https:/ ...
- Disney activist Blackwells demands AI strategy to boost shareson February 26, 2024 at 11:00 am
Walt Disney shareholder Blackwells Capital is calling for it to come up with an artificial intelligence (AI) strategy, saying that this could lift the U.S. media and entertainment conglomerate's stock ...
- Augmented Reality Glasses Market Expected to Surge, Predicting a Remarkable 20.1% CAGR and US$ 87,165.4 Million Valuation by 2033on February 25, 2024 at 9:00 pm
The global augmented reality glasses market is predicted to reach a value of US$ 13,922.2 million in 2023. This growth is fueled by the widespread adoption of smartphones and internet connectivity ...
- How Technology Has Changed the Entertainment Sectoron February 22, 2024 at 8:24 am
Step into the enchanting realm of the entertainment sector, a dazzling tapestry woven with threads of creativity, innov ...
- Retrieval augmented generation (RAG): The open-book test for generative AIon February 20, 2024 at 8:27 am
The ideal way to do this today is by leveraging retrieval-augmented generation (RAG), a powerful approach in natural language processing (NLP) that combines information retrieval and text generation.
- Austin’s 3D augmented reality Black History Month experience: ‘History all around us’on February 14, 2024 at 11:37 pm
Kendra Dobson, Founder of 3240 Entertainment, created the vision ... The Austin historical sites will have this augmented reality feature available throughout the month of February.
via Bing News