Microsoft’s HoloLens wants to bring 3D people into your living room.
HoloLens marks a new phase for both entertainment and communication, connecting both fields with the possibilities of augmented reality. This technology could allow you, for example, to see an acrobat tumble through your living room or look a telecommuting colleague in the eye. You’d be able to move around them, the only thing missing being touch.
The HoloLens themselves will be a pair of large goggles not dissimilar to existing VR rigs like the Oculus Rift. The lens will fire off in front of you, wrapping around real-world devices or objects that you can then interact with. Let’s say you’re working on an art piece and wish to have it scaled down for 3D printing. You can grab the template and place it in its desired location to get an idea of how large to make the final version.
The augmented reality of the HoloLens is not limited to developers or artists. The HoloLens can bring your living room to life with apps on your walls, a toucan sitting on a nearby chair, and even a rocket ship flying around. Microsoft wants to give everyone something to play with by the touch of their fingers.
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
via Google News
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
- Through 2022 and 2031, rising demand will drive the mobile augmented reality market’s revenue growth, according to Future Market Insighton August 4, 2022 at 1:05 pm
The Mobile Augmented Reality Market is expected to witness moderate growth, registering a 23.3% CAGR during the forecast period (2022-2031) and projected to reach US$ 4.4 Bn in 2022 and US$ 29.3 Bn by ...
- Frontier Precision Uses Drones to Bring “Augmented Reality” to Red Bull Rampage Mountain Bike Eventon August 4, 2022 at 5:51 am
Since 2001, the best mountain bike riders in the world have come to Southern Utah for the Red Bull Rampage. Each year, 15 competitors hurtle down ridgelines and cliffsides, executing spectacular and d ...
- Advertising Agencies Global Market Report 2022: Launch Of Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality For Advertising Presents Opportunitieson August 3, 2022 at 2:03 am
The "Advertising Agencies Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2031: COVID-19 Impact And Recovery" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global advertising agencies ...
- Augmented Reality Market Future Growth Prospects and Trends Insights 2022-2024on August 3, 2022 at 12:41 am
Europe augmented reality market revenue is expected to exceed $ 12 billion yy the end of 2024, thanks to the increasing popularity of AR games amongst youth. AR technology in healthcare has also been ...
- Nextech AR Announces Update Of Proposed Arrangement To Spin Out Real-World Augmented Reality Spatial Mapping Platform ARwayon August 2, 2022 at 4:30 am
Nextech AR Solutions Corp. ("Nextech" or the "Company") (OTCQB: NEXCF) (CSE: NTAR) (FSE: N29) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an arrangement agreement dated effective July 29, 2022 ...
- 3 Immersive Customer Experiences Using Augmented Realityon August 1, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Augmented reality transforms the passive experience of consuming content into an immersive one and should be on every retailer's radar.
- One Times Square to Seek Public Attention Via Augmented Realityon August 1, 2022 at 4:44 am
One Times Square is under construction into 2024 and will incorporate tech for better branding and a connection with the public.
- Marvel Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness phone augmented reality experienceon August 1, 2022 at 12:00 am
Doctor Strange fans may be interested in a new Multiverse of Madness augmented reality experience created by Marvel ...
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) Market to grow by USD 162.71 billion, Driven by Increasing Demand for AR & VR Technology - Technavioon July 27, 2022 at 4:45 am
The augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) market size is expected to grow by USD 162.71 billion, progressing a CAGR of 46 % from 2020 to 2025, according to Technavio's latest market report.
- The World Of Metaverse Entertainment: Concerts, Theme Parks, And Movieson July 26, 2022 at 11:07 pm
The metaverse is transforming the way we experience concerts, theme parks, and movies. Find out how the entertainment world is using AR and VR to create more immersive experiences.
via Bing News