Microsoft’s HoloLens wants to bring 3D people into your living room.
HoloLens marks a new phase for both entertainment and communication, connecting both fields with the possibilities of augmented reality. This technology could allow you, for example, to see an acrobat tumble through your living room or look a telecommuting colleague in the eye. You’d be able to move around them, the only thing missing being touch.
The HoloLens themselves will be a pair of large goggles not dissimilar to existing VR rigs like the Oculus Rift. The lens will fire off in front of you, wrapping around real-world devices or objects that you can then interact with. Let’s say you’re working on an art piece and wish to have it scaled down for 3D printing. You can grab the template and place it in its desired location to get an idea of how large to make the final version.
The augmented reality of the HoloLens is not limited to developers or artists. The HoloLens can bring your living room to life with apps on your walls, a toucan sitting on a nearby chair, and even a rocket ship flying around. Microsoft wants to give everyone something to play with by the touch of their fingers.
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
via Google News
The Latest on: Augmented Entertainment
- The VR Job Hub: Talespin, Future Visual, Luminous & The Wildon February 28, 2021 at 7:02 am
Don’t forget, if there wasn’t anything that took your fancy this week there’s always last week’s listings on The VR Job Hub to check as well. If you are an employer looking for someone to fill an ...
- Mel Tiangco continues to go viral via augmented reality design on ’24 Oras’on February 25, 2021 at 10:40 pm
The award-winning broadcast journalist Mel Tiangco continues to trend because of GMA Network‘s 24 Oras realistic simulation graphics. Tiangco’s face is synonymous with GMA Network for many years.
- You Can Control This New Hands-Free Augmented Reality Headset With Your Mindon February 25, 2021 at 3:18 pm
The aptly named company Cognixion just unveiled the ONE AR, a hands-free augmented reality device that can be controlled via a brain-to-computer interface (BCI). That’s right, it’s a headset you ...
- Microgravity to bring advanced Virtual Reality-Augmented Reality experiences to Indiaon February 25, 2021 at 10:55 am
Microgravity is all set to bring one of the most advanced Virtual Reality-Augmented Reality (VR-AR) experiences to India. The company today launched India’s foremost and highly innovative gaming ...
- How Snap aims to turn augmented reality into a monetization machineon February 25, 2021 at 3:06 am
Snap sees augmented reality at the intersection of customer experience, ads, data and commerce. The big question is whether we need smart glasses en masse to make it happen.
- Downtown board will use augmented reality app to draw more business to CBDon February 24, 2021 at 3:27 pm
The new technology transforms a standard marketing brochure into an immersive, interactive experience with videos, animation and 3-D graphics that jump off the page.
- Augmented Reality Market Trend, Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Company Profiles and Forecast by 2027on February 22, 2021 at 5:44 pm
The global augmented reality market size is projected to reach USD 65.22 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 48.3% ...
- Lego Vidiyo: Here’s how you can make Augmented Reality music videos with your minifigureson February 19, 2021 at 5:37 am
Lego has launched a new range of kits for making AR music videos with a bunch of new wacky characters. Here's how it works.
- Facility managers turn to augmented realityon February 18, 2021 at 11:57 am
Nearly three-quarters (73 per cent) of surveyed facility managers expect to implement augmented reality technology over the next two years.
- Forecast for Augmented and Virtual Reality Market Size & Share 2020 is Expected to Reach USD 305 Billion by 2026: Facts & Factorson February 18, 2021 at 4:04 am
Facts and Factors have published a new research report titled "Augmented and Virtual Reality Market By Device Analysis ...
via Bing News