Scientists have found that baicalein significantly lowers eye pressure and may act as an all-natural treatment for glaucoma.
The research is being presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) this week in Denver, Colo.
When animals were treated with baicalein, eye pressure was reduced by improving the rate at which fluid drained from the eye. The effect was increased when the drug was administered under nighttime conditions.
Baicalein is a natural product found in some plants. Glaucoma is a blinding eye disease where vision is lost due to elevated pressure inside the eye. Current treatments suffer from unwanted side effects, necessitating the search for new treatment options.
The Latest on: Baicalein
via Google News
The Latest on: Baicalein
- Co-delivery of IOX1 and doxorubicin for antibody-independent cancer chemo-immunotherapyon April 23, 2021 at 2:18 am
Anti-programmed cell death-1 (PD-1)/programmed cell death-ligand 1 (PD-L1) antibodies are currently used in the clinic to interupt the PD-1/PD-L1 immune checkpoint, which reverses T cell ...
- BMC canceron April 21, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Activation of β-catenin and Akt pathways by Twist are critical for the maintenance of EMT associated cancer stem cell-like characters. A randomised trial of a psychosocial intervention for cancer ...
- Biomedical chromatography : BMCon April 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Simultaneous determination and method validation of difenoconazole, propiconazole and pyraclostrobin in pepper and soil by LC-MS/MS in field trial samples from three provinces, China. Application ...
- Pinocembrin attenuates hemorrhagic transformation after delayed t-PA treatment in thromboembolic stroke rats by regulating endogenous metaboliteson April 15, 2021 at 8:34 am
Metab Brain Dis. 2018;33:1401–12. Duan DD, Wang KX, Zhou YZ, Qin XM, Gao L, Du GH. Baicalein exerts beneficial effects in D-galactose induced aging rats through attenuation of inflammation and ...
- A specialized flavone biosynthetic pathway has evolved in the medicinal plant, Scutellaria baicalensison April 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm
See allHide authors and affiliations Wogonin and baicalein are bioactive flavones in the popular Chinese herbal remedy Huang-Qin (Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi). These specialized flavones lack a ...
- EC 126.96.36.199on January 26, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Glossary: baicalin = 5,6,7-trihydroxyflavone-7-O-β-D-glucuronate = 5,6-dihydroxy-4-oxo-2-phenyl-4H-chromen-7-yl β-D-glucupyranosiduronic acid baicalein = 5,6,7 ...
via Bing News